Tim
United States
Vandling
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"He's no good to me dead."
mbmbmbmbmb
Only 250 copies...I'm not surprised they're already sold out. Bruno Cathala is not exactly an unknown designer (and he's my personal favorite which really bums me out about missing this one). Which begs the question, do the rest of us have a shot at getting this game somewhere down the line? If anyone hears of a reprinting, or a formal publishing, please let us know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
As you may read on their website, the designers offered the game to several publishers in the last two years. It has been appreciated, but not to the point of being "bought". Thus the designers opted for a small self-published print (250 copies), in the hope that it'll generate enough interest to convince a publisher to pick the game and give it a "proper release".
Time will tell...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right, luke !! time will tell...

the only thing i can say now is that these small print has focused the interest of some "new" publishers. That's give me some hope... but no certitude at this time !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Wynford-Jones
France
Prévessin-Möens
Just across the border from Geneva, Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it for the first time a couple of weeks ago at St Ju en Jeux and it really is an excellent quick game of deduction and cunning (trying desperately to separate those last two suspects before time runs out!) - I really hope you're able to find someone to republish it.

I'd buy two copies straight away.

Gavin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Rodrigues
Portugal
Lisboa - Paço de Arcos
flag msg tools
This is my first time in Boardgamegeek, i've just registered myself, to say that i'm trully anxious to see this game in the market. I've read the rule, it seems very funny, all the rates are high, from Portugal, France, US, etc. just hope its commercialization soon.

Bruno, best of lucks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Boisvert
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good news, the game is finally in print under Mr. Jack. Here the link:

http://www.trictrac.net/index.php3?id=jeux&rub=actualite&inf...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Wynford-Jones
France
Prévessin-Möens
Just across the border from Geneva, Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, at EUR 30, it's priced itself out of my interest zone. That sort of price tends to apply to the big Kosmos range and the like. A game of this size and complexity is better compared to something like Clans or TransAmerica, which are priced around EUR 15.

A pity.

Gavin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
gavingva wrote:
Unfortunately, at EUR 30, it's priced itself out of my interest zone. That sort of price tends to apply to the big Kosmos range and the like. A game of this size and complexity is better compared to something like Clans or TransAmerica, which are priced around EUR 15.

A pity.

Gavin

I think that's why it needed so much time to be published. It has A LOT of bits, thus the price is higher than what you'd expect (and like) for a "small" game like it.
A (necessary) pity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Cheatham
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I have played the game 2 times and taught the game to others. This is a very nice two player romp with some nice tension.

I wish you luck in getting more copies printed. If you don't, could I have the files? I will definitely make the effort to print up my own copy to play. It will get lots of play here. Excellent effort!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tedcheatham wrote:

I wish you luck in getting more copies printed. If you don't, could I have the files? I will definitely make the effort to print up my own copy to play. It will get lots of play here. Excellent effort!!

Ted, the game has been reprinted as Mr Jack by swiss publisher Hurrican!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.