Greg Purcell
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Master Turtler
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone here assembling the print and play?
I find that

1) The Initial cards print out smaller than the Game and City cards. Didn't notice until I sat down to cut them.

2) There are no randomized Role cards included among the Treefrog game files, as far as I can see. Are you making these yourselves? How many?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The role cards are included in the zip file with the player cards. You might have to re-download that zip, some people were saying it originally had 6 sets of player cards and no role cards, but they updated it to have 5 sets of player cards and the role cards.

There are 3 loyalist and 3 restorationist cards. You randomly assign from those 6 cards regardless of player count. It's possible that in a 2-3 player game, all players are on the same side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep...I had to download it a second time. Can't say about the sizes, since I'm printing them out on labels and sticking them on blank cards (that I then sleeve).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Purcell
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Master Turtler
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the initial cards were smaller to fit 10 onto one page.

I just printed everything onto an A4 label, cut them out and stuck the labels onto normal playing cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose this isn't available as a PnP anymore? At least, I don't see it. Am I blind?

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JimM wrote:
I suppose this isn't available as a PnP anymore? At least, I don't see it. Am I blind?

Jim

Everything is on this page: http://www.treefroggames.com/a-study-in-emerald
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin in Kansas wrote:
JimM wrote:

Jim

Everything is on this page: http://www.treefroggames.com/a-study-in-emerald

Wow, thanks for the fast reply!! NOW I see it...

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Knight Games
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card sets are slightly different sizes and require some trimming to get a deck you can shuffle and not easily distinguish 'bought' cards from starting cards.

I found two sides the double-sided tokens don't line up when printed. They are 'out' by about half a token, but it doesn't affect game play.

I used the cubes and discs from Age of Steam. There's just the right amount of pieces in the right colours (apart from the green cubes which had to come from another game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sbilbey wrote:
The card sets are slightly different sizes and require some trimming to get a deck you can shuffle and not easily distinguish 'bought' cards from starting cards.

I found two sides the double-sided tokens don't line up when printed. They are 'out' by about half a token, but it doesn't affect game play.

I used the cubes and discs from Age of Steam. There's just the right amount of pieces in the right colours (apart from the green cubes which had to come from another game).

Same issue here. I re-aligned the counters so they would print correctly when doing double-sided copy using cardstock. If anyone wants a corrected pdf of these, send me a message. For the initial cards, I printed these out at 108% of the original and this worked for me. Keep in mind I am printing to US Letter size, not A4, and had to reduce to fit page when printing, so my card sizes are slightly smaller than the originals. If anyone wants to try this method, do a trial with the percent increase and check against the other cards. In Adobe Acrobat you can use the zoom function, then print current view.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still hoping for a better (full) version of the pnp...my fingers are mad for crafting!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.