Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Johnson
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Total newb questions here, but I'm a little confused about the basics on making a run.

When making a run, do you use all of your programs at once, or only one at a time?

So, for instance, I'm facing an ICE with a strength of 3. I have two programs, one is strength 2, one is strength 1. Do those strengths combine, making it a strength 3 attack and therefore capable of overcoming the ICE, or do I need to spend credits on a single program to buff it up?

My second question, then: If I have the strength to attack the ICE (either because both cards stack their strength to 3, or I've buffed them with credits), can I then use the abilities of both programs to overcome the ICE Subroutines, or only the one program being used in the attack?

Thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Imobersteg
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
Icebreaker strength does not stack with other breakers. Also remember that certain breakers can only affect certain types of ice. Also unless a breaker says "For remainder of the run" it rverts back to its base strength afyer encountering the current ICE.

Yes you can use multiple ice breakers on one ICE (they would both need the apprpriate strenght of course). However most of the time there is absolutely no point in doing this.

Only reason why that I could think of is when using Wyrm or non-breaker viruses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your rig is a set of tools you've prepared before going on a Run.

You get to use all tools already in play when you Run.

Each tool does a different thing, has its own stats and does NOT combine.

So a str 2 and str 1 icebreaker don't merge/combine into a str 3 icebreaker.

The vast majority of the time, you will use a single icebreaker in any given encounter. There are a few very specific interactions that use two icebreakers during a single encounter (most of them involving Wyrm and its unique 'lower the strength of an ICE' function).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.