Recommend
22 
 Thumb up
 Hide
47 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Parade» Forums » General

Subject: Parade Re-release "Summer" 2013! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Patience is rewarded! Z-Man games reported this news Wednesday on Facebook. The new box art is very cool, and yet maintains some of the same retro feel of the original:



https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=448527811888426&set=...

Now...fingers crossed that the cardstock they use to manufacture this will be comparable to the 1st edition Z-Man release, on par with other Z-Man small-box releases like Urbion, The Bottle Imp, and Chronicle. None of these flimsy flat finish found in Made-In-Germany printings of Onirim!

Link: Onirim Version vs. Cardstock
7 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an absolutely stunning design upgrade. If the same graphic designer did the card designs as well this is a day one buy for me.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Torr
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
Buy less, play more.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The new box art is in line with the two-color look of Black Spy:



I like it!
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oh crap...might be buying another copy of parade...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesT wrote:
The new box art is in line with the two-color look of [=black spy]Black Spy


Oh dear, that looks pretty good too. If it's anything like Chronicle, it's a buy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Johnston
United States
North Liberty
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! I sold my copy then regretted it...this makes me happy!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hawkeyept wrote:
Cool! I sold my copy then regretted it...this makes me happy!


Hey now, Pat, I thought you were cutting back?!

I totally understand.

BTW I keep bumping into people from your part of "town"...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
2097 wrote:
Are there more games in this series? Looks great. Parade is among my favorite two player games.


Yes: The Bottle Imp, Lords of Scotland, Court of the Medici, Urbion, Onirim, Masquerade, Queen's Ransom, Chronicle, Fairy Tale, .... the list goes on!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
looleypalooley wrote:
2097 wrote:
Are there more games in this series? Looks great. Parade is among my favorite two player games.


Yes: The Bottle Imp, Lords of Scotland, Court of the Medici, Urbion, Onirim, Masquerade, Queen's Ransom, Chronicle, Fairy Tale, .... the list goes on!


I think Sandra may have meant with these new box designs?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
looleypalooley wrote:
2097 wrote:
Are there more games in this series? Looks great. Parade is among my favorite two player games.


Yes: The Bottle Imp, Lords of Scotland, Court of the Medici, Urbion, Onirim, Masquerade, Queen's Ransom, Chronicle, Fairy Tale, .... the list goes on!


I think Sandra may have meant with these new box designs?


Ah yes, probably.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sophie Gravel
Canada
Canada
flag msg tools
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
The graphic designer who did Black Spy is the same who did Parade: Philippe Guérin. The illustrator behind the design, for both games is Chris Quilliams. Together, they are quite a team

Black Spy will release first and then followed by Parade.

As for the box size, it is bigger than Onirim and Bottle Imp. Actually, it is more than twice the size. It contains card set (linen finish), scoring pad and drink coasters. All games in this series will carry this same material. In some cases, the coasters are used in the game, sometimes they are just simply for your drink

10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for the additional insight Sophie!

SophieGravel wrote:
All games in this series will carry this same material.


Which of course begs the question, what other games are going to be in this series? In case that turn of phrase wasn't clear enough… yes, I'm begging for additional info.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info Sophie.

SophieGravel wrote:
As for the box size, it is bigger than Onirim and Bottle Imp. Actually, it is more than twice the size. It contains card set (linen finish), scoring pad and drink coasters.

I am not a fan of the bigger box size--it is a card game after all! But I suppose the drink coasters may make it worthwhile.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When I play card games with my family, I discourage having lots of drinks on the table. Games that come with coasters may be sending them the wrong message...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bradandmary wrote:
When I play card games with my family, I discourage having lots of drinks on the table. Games that come with coasters may be sending them the wrong message...


laugh

Meanwhile our local game night is 50+ gamers taking over the 2nd floor of a bar in NYC. This new series was practically custom made for us!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Johnston
United States
North Liberty
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
looleypalooley wrote:
hawkeyept wrote:
Cool! I sold my copy then regretted it...this makes me happy!


Hey now, Pat, I thought you were cutting back?! :D

I totally understand.

BTW I keep bumping into people from your part of "town"...


Ha! I am downsizing...but still plenty of room on my small card game shelf.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
...
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I know game prices have been on the rise ($5-$10 for big box games), but I was really surprised to see Parade go from MSRP of $10 to $15 for the new release...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shigadeyo wrote:
I know game prices have been on the rise ($5-$10 for big box games), but I was really surprised to see Parade go from MSRP of $10 to $15 for the new release...


With a new redesign, much bigger box, added scoring pads and coasters I'd have been far more surprised if it hadn't.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
...
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
shigadeyo wrote:
I know game prices have been on the rise ($5-$10 for big box games), but I was really surprised to see Parade go from MSRP of $10 to $15 for the new release...


With a new redesign, much bigger box, added scoring pads and coasters I'd have been far more surprised if it hadn't.

Ah, I didn't realize that there was more in the box now than just the deck.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shigadeyo wrote:
NuMystic wrote:
shigadeyo wrote:
I know game prices have been on the rise ($5-$10 for big box games), but I was really surprised to see Parade go from MSRP of $10 to $15 for the new release...


With a new redesign, much bigger box, added scoring pads and coasters I'd have been far more surprised if it hadn't.

Ah, I didn't realize that there was more in the box now than just the deck.


I didn't either until Sophie (from Z-Man) outlined the details of the new edition a few posts above.

To be honest though even without the extra stuff in the box I'd have happily paid a few dollars more just for the incredible redesign alone!

Once the typical 30 or so percent is deducted by most OLGS we're really only looking at the difference between $7 and $10.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Calderon
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SophieGravel wrote:
Black Spy will release first and then followed by Parade.

Hi, Sophie,

Can you give us a better idea of when the new version of Parade will be released?

Thank you!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mister Toad wrote:
PapiYaya wrote:
Hi, Sophie,

Can you give us a better idea of when the new version of Parade will be released?

Thank you!


I too would love to know when we will be able to get our hands on the new version of Parade. My old version is all worn and played out.


+1

More excited than ever having just seen the new cards:
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hamalainen
United States
North Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
is a Beer Engineer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, I guess I have to re-buy Parade. Those cards, the backs in particular, are great.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
...
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Freest Rolexes wrote:
Damn, I guess I have to re-buy Parade. Those cards, the backs in particular, are great.

Agreed, but I think I will just hold out and keep my original copy since it is still like new...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Jaeger
Germany
Burtenbach
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait until you have a deck of cards in your hands - you will want that anyway. I like them a lot... the backs are printed with Pantone silver metallic ink, so is the box, plus the inside if paper covered, too. Expensive, but Filosofia wanted this to look really good, and I think it turned out fantastic.

(I may seem biased as I got the order to print it, but I think I can expect you to trust me enough that when I say this looks awesome you take it without suspecting any hidden agenda on my side. We produce 2000+ games every year and I won't say "great" to every one of those. If I don't think so I just keep quiet ;-) )

So: Parade rocks! We played it here in the office and the whole sales team loved the game and especially the new design.

Frank.
Ludo Fact GmbH
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.