Hide
3 Posts

Fallen City of Karez» Forums » Variants

Subject: Single Player Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Owen Fingerhut
msg tools
I was playing a solitare game (with the additional threat cube on open dungeons at the end of turn variant) and I found that by turn 3-4 Karez was a city and wouldn't switch back unless I deliberately killed off some workers. I decided to try upping the difficulty by causing each open dungeon, in addition to getting more threat, to attack the city and kill a worker every turn. I was still able to win but it was turn 7 before I secured the city. This could make it possible to lose singleplayer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barbeau
Canada
Quebec, Qc
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Seems like a good idea. If no villager are killed by the player(s), it seems like Karez will automatically grow into a city. Your idea is interesting and I think I'll try it.

For my part, I was thinking about killing a villager for each TRAP card symbol on any revealed adventure site. Don't know if it will be a good idea... I think i'll stick with your variant. Thanks for sharing!

p.s. Sorry for my english... not my mother tongue...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E1 Prime
Belgium
Deurne
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea. Maybe it shouldn't be limited to the single player game. In our game the Public Guild had 8 extra points from citizens. He accumulated more valor then the Heroic Guild and citizens kept on coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.