Popular Tags: [View All]
Javier Adarga
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember the first "game" I ever "designed": it was a pencil-on-paper instantiation of what in my mind was an awesome platform ZX Spectrum game. The player would activate buttons that would open hidden spaces, create monsters, etc. I must have been 9 or 10, and I am sure it was pretty terrible, though my friends seemed to enjoy it.

Point being, I always wanted to design boardgames. I eventually also wanted to be an illustrator and a drummer. But. But. I am terrible at all those things. Truth is, my love for creativity and art is better served through criticism and academic scholarship. This is not to say that designing a game is only worth it if you "make it" and your game gets published: designing something that maybe only you and your friends will play can be an extremely fun, rewarding activity.

So, I have ideas and not much talent or patience to design them. I have decided to put out these ideas in a blog. I am not going to say that they are all good ideas or that they will rock your world, but I can honestly say that these ideas are in themselves much better than my designs for them. I'll be collecting them and adding them to the blog as a way to organize them and, if nothing else, enjoy them as ideas and themes that I think could potentially be made into interesting games. Who knows, perhaps they will inspire a more apt designer than me to create a game.

You can check them out here: Someone should design this game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.