Subject: Couple questions regarding combat and mana rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cory Kitchens
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
I'm getting ready to play through my first solo mission tonight and I had a few questions about following situations -

1. What happens if you attack an enemy and you do not kill it in the attack phase. Do you end your turn and continue the fight during your next turn?

2. If you gain a crystal token in your inventory can you do the following -

a. Use a crystal from the inventory AS WELL AS a mana die from the source during the same turn?

b. If you do not use a crystal during your turn, do you discard it? Do you discard it after the end of the round?

3. If you end your turn on a village, at the start of the turn can you still buy units? Or only when you land on a village?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to read through the walkthrough again since these are basic concepts in how the game works.

1. In most cases, the enemy tokens stays in the space and it's as if you never attacked it. There are a few exceptions (e.g. if you fought the monster in a Dungeon/Tomb, it is discarded and a new token is drawn if you re-enter the dungeon).

2. Crystals sit in your inventory forever, until you decide to spend them as mana.

2a. Yes, you can use your normal one die per turn, plus any crystals you have.

2b. You keep it forever (until you decide to spend it)

3. You must use your turns "Action" in order to interact with the village. If you start your turn there, then you can simply declare that you aren't moving, and use your Action to interact. Note that it's not possible to interact with the village and then move out in the same turn (movement always happens first).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
corykitchens wrote:

1. What happens if you attack an enemy and you do not kill it in the attack phase. Do you end your turn and continue the fight during your next turn?

It depends on the situation. In a city, keep or mage tower you retreat to the hex from which you entered; following the rules for forced withdrawal if you managed to enter from a unpassable hex. Elsewhere you remain where you are. What you do on your next turn is up to you.

Quote:

a. Use a crystal from the inventory AS WELL AS a mana die from the source during the same turn?

Yes.

Quote:
b. If you do not use a crystal during your turn, do you discard it? Do you discard it after the end of the round?

A crystal to your inventory you keep. A mana token is lost if you don't use it on that turn.

Quote:
3. If you end your turn on a village, at the start of the turn can you still buy units? Or only when you land on a village?

You may use influence to recruit units on the following turn but you wouldn't then be able to move away from the village that same turn as you would've given up your movement phase and jumped directly to perform an action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander Zav
Ukraine
Kharkov
Kharkov
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
corykitchens wrote:

You end your turn and next turn you may either fight again or do something completely different.

corykitchens wrote:

The main distinction between mana token and crystal is the latter may me stored in your inventory for futher turns.
So a) you gain just crystal you may use up either this turn or next ones, but as you use it, crystall is lost.
b) no, you don't have to discard crystall

corykitchens wrote:

Interaction in village is action and it happens after your move.
So you may buy units next turn but then you can't move or fight this (next) turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no such thing as a "crystal token". There are "crystals" that you keep forever until you spend them and there are "tokens" that can be used this turn only (kind of like a +money card in Dominion). Somewhat confusingly, they are tracked using the same physical component. As I was taught: if its a crystal (permanent), put it on my character card. If it's a token (temporary) put it next to the card that generated it and discard at the end of the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.