BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Grudges in Risk Legacy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
wendi kavanaugh

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
My group is currently on the 9th game in Risk Legacy and we are having tons of cross game grudges. Has anyone else experienced this? Do any other games create continuous game grudges?

* Not that you need it but, I’m defining cross game grudges as – resentment or ill will carried over into the next game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom D.
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience it depends more on the gamer than the game. I have played a lot of games with a lo of different people and never had a cross-game grudge issue... Then recently my best friend got a new girlfriend, and she started playing with us. After the first game together (where I happened to beat everyone quite roundly), I was her mortal enemy. Does not matter the game anymore, if I'm playing, she wants me to lose. It hasn't caused any real problems, but if we play a game, I can count on her being a quite solid enemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To a certain extent, this is encouraged by the mechanics and part of the game. Should not carry over to real life, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert Vinaskov
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cross game grudges is what Risk Legacy's all about. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kalk
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Geert Vinaskov wrote:
Cross game grudges is what Risk Legacy's all about. devil

Hence the word, "Legacy"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Coddington
United States
Woodbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No matter how you slice it, it's still a RISK game.
Creating grudges since 1957...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
td6211 wrote:
... After the first game together (where I happened to beat everyone quite roundly), I was her mortal enemy. Does not matter the game anymore, if I'm playing, she wants me to lose...

So, it may not be Legacy, it's the gamer.

Some gamers are like that. We had this one gamer once that would do anything to make another gamer lose, even if it was poor moves. I once won a game of Wallenstein because I knew I could leave my border with him weak and attack player B and that he'd not take the easy territories and attack Player B too.

It's a game group, game of Lore now. BUT, games with player A got really frustrating and not all that fun. I had to take Player A aside and ask him to play the game to improve his position NOT to make Player B lose or to try and 'screw up' the game. It's not that much fun for everyone else. He stopped coming after that because playing to win wasn't as fun as playing to 'screw things' up for him. But, gaming got more enjoyable for the rest of us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The root of all evil... but you can call me cookie.
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Guantanamo wrote:
[q="td6211"]Some gamers are like that. We had this one gamer once that would do anything to make another gamer lose, even if it was poor moves. I once won a game of Wallenstein because I knew I could leave my border with him weak and attack player B and that he'd not take the easy territories and attack Player B too.

Ahhhhhh good times...no wait...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.