Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arthur Rutyna
United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a ship starts and ends its' move in the playing area, but the path it took falls outside the playing area, is it considered fleeing?

Had this come up last night when I was playing with my son. The Force was obviously strong with young Luke Skywalker, since dad allowed him to pull this move off, then Luke proceeded to evade 2 stunning Imperial attacks, and destroy the Imperial Tie and Interceptor ships for the win. Very thematic ending
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
MILLINGTON
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmb
Neo_1 wrote:
If a ship starts and ends its' move in the playing area, but the path it took falls outside the playing area, is it considered fleeing?

Had this come up last night when I was playing with my son. The Force was obviously strong with young Luke Skywalker, since dad allowed him to pull this move off, then Luke proceeded to evade 2 stunning Imperial attacks, and destroy the Imperial Tie and Interceptor ships for the win. Very thematic ending

All that matters is where you end the move. None of the ship's base can be out of bounds at the end of movement. In one game, my Chewbacca Falcon's base was only a mm or 2 from the map edge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Duclos
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
Who ya gonna call?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the movement template hung over the edge, or the new location of the ship's base hangs over the edge, then it is fled.

edit: incorrect info, see below
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
ghostbusterbob wrote:
If the movement template hung over the edge, or the new location of the ship's base hangs over the edge, then it is fled.

Not true. The final position of the base is the only trigger; the maneuver template doesn't matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ghostbusterbob wrote:

This is not quite correct. The template does not matter, only the ship must be placed correctly at the end of the turn.

And if the movement is blocked ("collision"), the ship may be pushed back along the template and thus stay off the table when the template is near enough the table edge, and then it is destroyed (fled). The template itself, however, does not matter.

(Edited for clarity - and again)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Rutyna
United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick answers. Yes, the movement template did go outside the play area, but the start and end position of the ship's base was IN the play area. So based on the responses so far, it looks like Luke Skywalker did NOT flee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Duclos
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
Who ya gonna call?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang, finally brave enough to weigh in and I mix up my asteroid collision/fleeing rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wilder

Daly City
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ghostbusterbob wrote:
Dang, finally brave enough to weigh in and I mix up my asteroid collision/fleeing rules.

I did exactly -- and I mean exactly -- the same thing the first time I answered a rules question.

I've improved to about 2-and-7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilbert Martin
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Neo_1 wrote:
Thanks for the quick answers. Yes, the movement template did go outside the play area, but the start and end position of the ship's base was IN the play area. So based on the responses so far, it looks like Luke Skywalker did NOT flee.

So you can wholeheartedly congratulate your son, dad!

"Luke, you are the winner!" (Said in a Darth Vader voice)

"The Force will be with you, always." (Said in an Old Ben voice)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Rutyna
United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet! He's happy to know (as am I) that we got the rules right. It was quite the epic game (5 Imperial & 4 Rebel ships). It took a little longer to play than I anticipated, but it was much fun with a tense final battle. Good stuff!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.