Hide
5 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Multiple Heroes Attack Single Villian? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
some geek
msg tools
Are there any limitations to a party all attacking a single creature?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lewis
United States
Federal Way
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally, no. The only one I can see is situational. If more heroes try to use an "attack an adjacent monster" attack, and there aren't enough empty adjacent spaces to fit those heroes. Since you're only going to have up to 5 heroes, and normally there are 8 spaces around a figure, only if you somehow back the monster into a corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The actual answer is "no", but the reason I'm posting is because I feel like this is the kind of question that indicates you're probably playing the game incorrectly. I mean, the basic flow of the game is:

Player A Hero Phase
Player A Exploration Phase
Player A Villain Phase
Player B Hero Phase
Player B Exploration Phase
Player B Villain Phase
...etc...

So there really wouldn't be any coherent rule that would limit the ability of player A and B to attack the same creature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
some geek
msg tools
I haven't played yet. Got my WoA set and watched some videos on YouTube and trying to get my bearings before we play. Thanks for the replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Newfie Jebus
Canada
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You should check out the Watch it played videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vwbY_...

The first two videos goes through the rules and setup. But you can start at video 3 to see them start to play. I watched them all yesterday lol. Such a huge help in allowing me to understand what to do when I finally get my first game in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.