Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C Gallant
Canada
Fredericton
New-Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the game. I've been reading through the rules and we are about to play our first session. My question is...what is the number at the top of twilight cards? You pay 1 time to play during your turn...and you shift light or dark depending on how many little spheres you have around that number, but what is the number for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harris Megas
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You shift depending on the number. The spheres are decorative!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Gallant
Canada
Fredericton
New-Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? Then the example in the book sucks...they say they shift 2 and the card actually has a 3 inscribed on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
kealran wrote:
Really? Then the example in the book sucks...they say they shift 2 and the card actually has a 3 inscribed on it.

It is a typo. The card says 3, the token actually shifts 3. Just the text says 2.

It was probably a copy paste error from the example above where the shift is 2, which matches both the card and the graphic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harris Megas
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you talking about the example at the bottom right on p.26? Yeah, the text mistakenly says that Raymond "plays the twilight cost of 2" when it should have been 3. It shows a 3-shift on the picture, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that if the color matches the current plot, you can decrease or increase the cost by 1. (I can't bother to check now if that could apply in the example, probably not.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
a1bert wrote:
Note that if the color matches the current plot, you can decrease or increase the cost by 1. (I can't bother to check now if that could apply in the example, probably not.)

The example doesn't state the current plot so now way to know (but that hasn't come up in the rules yet). But the graphic showing the marker moving has it light shifting 3 spaces - which matches the card cost of 3. It is just a typo in the text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.