Clash of Cultures» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cities and battles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a city with no army and no fortress. An opponent comes to take it with an army. The rules state there is a battle even if I have nothing to stop my opponent. Do we consider I lost a battle in this case ? This is an automatic lose ? blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules, yes. But mostly this is potentially good for you:
- It stops your opponent from moving those armies again that turn.
- If you have a Temple there and the Fanaticism Advance, you get a free Army.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pikaraph wrote:
I have a city with no army and no fortress. An opponent comes to take it with an army. The rules state there is a battle even if I have nothing to stop my opponent.
You have a 1 round battle with a single dice for the fortress. You are pretty much doomed if 2 armies attack, you have a chance if it is only 1, especially with a decent card to play (Steel weapons are no good, they work only for armies).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
misteralan wrote:
Pikaraph wrote:
I have a city with no army and no fortress. An opponent comes to take it with an army. The rules state there is a battle even if I have nothing to stop my opponent.
You have a 1 round battle with a single dice for the fortress. You are pretty much doomed if 2 armies attack, you have a chance if it is only 1, especially with a decent card to play (Steel weapons are no good, they work only for armies).

You are right... but he has no fortress... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Foot in mouth disease
Quote:
You are right... but he has no fortress... whistle
Right err oops. The Temple gives you +2 CV to a roll that never happens, but walking into another player's units or city is always a battle, so yeah, you lost a battle and he won one for Objective purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gandalf the Greyjoy
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a similar case with settler in an empty space. If an enemy army eliminates such settler can it move again this turn?

I suppose no, since encountering an enemy unit during move action causes a battle (in this case diceless battle). If that's true its good advice to place settlers on grasslands surrounding cities as a defence. We could consider this civil fortifications

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Wilson
United States
Montgomery
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is correct. And yes, it can be good to scatter units around your cities to weaken/slow attackers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.