Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Asmodee» Forums » General

Subject: In your experience how long does it take asmodee to respond to email rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Deich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I recently bought formula d and when I opened the game the cars were missing from the game. I sent asmodee an email and I have not gotten a response yet, it's been about a week. I have seen a lot of praise for their customer service on this site and was just curious if I should email them again or give it a bit longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ned Leffingwell
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the exact same issue with them. It took a few days; they were at a Toy Fair at the time. I actually needed a few parts replaced. It took quite a few emails and 3 mailed packages but in the end they replaced everything that was missing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Deich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ok this gives me hope! thanks... I think if I have not heard from them by mid next week I will send another email.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rohan Voigt
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
I've just received my copy of Formula D in the mail today and have exactly the same problem. Got it home, opened the box, so excited...

...and no cars.

Going to email them right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Deich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
the good news is that they did respond apparently they were at a convention and they shipped me the cars out very quickly! I was a little worried at first but everything got worked out and overall I have to say I'm happy with their customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. UDO
United States
Chandler
AZ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
[This space intentionally left blank]
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same boat now. I opened my copy of Eclipse and it had no dice.

I'm guessing they are at Origins and so they haven't responded to my email from Monday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Tell me if I didn't sent a message, I'm now back from Origins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. UDO
United States
Chandler
AZ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You did send a message (two in fact). I guess it was just bad timing with everyone at Origins. I just hope I get them in time for my game night coming up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miquel Jornet

Gavà
Barcelona
msg tools
designer
https://reservoirjocs.cat
badge
Passion & know-how in culturetainment & boardgames. Playtester, UI/UX reviewer and podcast host at RESERVOIR JOCS since 2011.
mbmbmb
Hello,

I saw this thread and I would like to comment my personal experience with Asmodee Iberica in Spain.

I'm member of an organization called Plataforma Ludicosocial ( www.ludicosocial.org ). It was founded on November 2010. Since we begun, we would like to show everybody these family and social games to introduce them to our fascinating world. Some of the best family and social games are produced/published by Asmodee Iberica in Spain and Portugal. We wrote to Asmodee Iberica contact mail on November 25th 2010 for some help on making demonstrations of Rock the Beat game (called Ritmo y Bola in Spain) for a family fair called Fira del Joc in Tona (Catalonia). Asmodee Iberica (Haritz Solana) answered us that they didn't wanted to send us one or two demo copies of the game. Finally (and very sadly), we had to buy one game in a local store to do this demonstration.

Nowadays (as you can see on the image attached), this is the last mail that Asmodee Iberica (Haritz Solana) answered us. We wrote regularly, every year for more help on board gaming activities for families, children and youth people. But they (or Haritz Solana) never answered us (on October 25th 2011, on May 12th 2012 for promoting a Championship of Hanabi card game, on 13th February 2013 for promoting the second Championship of Hanabi and on June 9th/10th 2013 for the same issue and also for making a Cafe Tour demonstration in Barcelona, Castelldefels or Sitges).

It's almost 3 years without news and help of Asmodee Iberica. We tried it many times, but we have run out of patience. Now we are publishing our appalling experience with Asmodee Iberica (or maybe only with Haritz Solana) on our website and also, as an association, let's write to Asmodee France to know our situation of "invisibility".

We do not understand. Especially when we are promoting their games.

This is the video (the first 30 seconds are sponsored, sorry!) of our last activity: http://youtu.be/aCOEQTGXf1Y
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. UDO
United States
Chandler
AZ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are asking for free games for things, I am not surprised if they stopped responding. Game companies don't make a ton of cash and they can't send out a bunch of free games to anyone who asks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miquel Jornet

Gavà
Barcelona
msg tools
designer
badge
Passion & know-how in culturetainment & boardgames. Playtester, UI/UX reviewer and podcast host at RESERVOIR JOCS since 2011.
mbmbmb
We were not asking for "free games". As you can see on the emails we wanted to participate on Cafe Tour experiences (an Asmodee France initiative... later imported/plagiarized by Asmodee Iberica). And we only asked for demos to return after doing our job on the fairs/events/demonstrations.

We always offered to the publishers open and friendly professional game explainers with technical formation: leisure/entertainment activities monitors (with certificate) or graduates in sociocultural animation. Our team is formed by these professionals that also are bilingual gamers proficient on explaining games in Catalan and Spanish. This pursuit of excellence is what has led us to work for different stores and publishers in the area of Barcelona, but never (and still do not know why) with Asmodee Iberica.

pikkusiili2000 wrote:
If you are asking for free games for things, I am not surprised if they stopped responding. Game companies don't make a ton of cash and they can't send out a bunch of free games to anyone who asks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
miqueljornet wrote:
We always offered to the publishers open and friendly professional game explainers with technical formation: leisure/entertainment activities monitors (with certificate) or graduates in sociocultural animation. Our team is formed by these professionals that also are bilingual gamers proficient on explaining games in Catalan and Spanish. This pursuit of excellence is what has led us to work for different stores and publishers in the area of Barcelona, but never (and still do not know why) with Asmodee Iberica.

I'm not sure if they are coming on BGG, but anyway. I really think it's off topic to talk about a ''pro'' concept problem in this thread. Your post is not professional, and I don't get why you post it here. I don't even know if there's money involve or something. But one thing sure, it's not by making this kind of post you will resolve the situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miquel Jornet

Gavà
Barcelona
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I'm absolutely sure that my post is not off topic, I'm answering to the subject question "In your experience how long does it take asmodee to respond to email".

I explained my experience to contextualize my answer to the subject. In plain words, my short answer could be: "In Spain, with Asmodee Iberica contact mail, we were 593 days without notices from Asmodee (almost 2 years!!!) and writing regularly some e-mails!"

Maybe today is too late for us to "resolve the situation" as you said Stefan. But maybe today is not too late to make it known.

Sincerely, thanks for your words (really much faster than Asmodee Iberica communication manager!).

Stefan B wrote:
I'm not sure if they are coming on BGG, but anyway. I really think it's off topic to talk about a ''pro'' concept problem in this thread. Your post is not professional, and I don't get why you post it here. I don't even know if there's money involve or something. But one thing sure, it's not by making this kind of post you will resolve the situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You are comparing a legitimate question from a customer to a request made by an organization?

You can't force a company to work with you. As far as I know, you are the person who ask for something. Who needs who? If they really want to work with you, they will ask for it, no doubt. But seriously, now the only thing you are doing is proving they are right. You are hurting your organization and me at the moment, not them, since it looks they are not coming on BGG.

I really hope there's no money involved, meaning you didn't ask them cash for your service, it would be worst if it's the case.

Anyway, I'm out of here, good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miquel Jornet

Gavà
Barcelona
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Stefan B wrote:
You are comparing a legitimate question from a customer to a request made by an organization?

Yes, since the email contact in Spain is the same for customers and organizations and Asmodee Iberica didn't answer us in 593 days.

Stefan B wrote:
You can't force a company to work with you. As far as I know, you are the person who ask for something. Who needs who? If they really want to work with you, they will ask for it, no doubt. But seriously, now the only thing you are doing is proving they are right. You are hurting your organization and me at the moment, not them, since it looks they are not coming on BGG.

We never forced anything or anyone. We only wrote some e-mails (friendly e-mails, I can assure and prove this) asking only for support. We offered several ways to do this support: demo or little damaged material on deposit or loan, promoting our activities (always with Asmodee games) in the Asmodee Spain website...

The only thing we wanted was to force someone to do their work and answer our mails! Unfortunately these days in Spain there are many unemployed people who would do that job wonderfully and professionally. It's a shame.

Stefan B wrote:
I really hope there's no money involved, meaning you didn't ask them cash for your service, it would be worst if it's the case.

As I said, we never asked Asmodee Iberica for money! (This has to be very clear). We're a nonprofit organization.

Stefan B wrote:
Anyway, I'm out of here, good luck.

OK Stefan. Finally I would like to thank again your words and remember that I'm speaking about the poor quality service of Asmodee Iberica (not Asmodee France or America).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Gillingham
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought "The Builders: Middle Ages" and discovered that the coins were missing. I emailed AsmOdee customer service right away (it was around 6:30pm EST when I emailed them). I got a reply the next day apologizing for the missing pieces, and that replacements would be sent right away. About a week later the coins arrived.

I have no complaints regarding the speed of AsmOdee's reply to me and fulfillment of my request.

The only company I have found to be faster to respond to customer service issues is Z-Man who replaced missing parts for Lifeboats within 48 hours.

I think game publishers in general try their best to help their customers. I'm sorry you haven't had the positive experience I have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Respond. Quite quickly, usually a day or two.

Replace. Not so much. Usually around a month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shu-Chu Li
United States
College Park
MARYLAND
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...So I have to wait for the response about my request form a month...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
li042127054 wrote:
...So I have to wait for the response about my request form a month...?

I'm going on about a month and a half.

They just combined their service with FFG. This caused my legitimate claim to get denied.

Bad first experience with the newly combined service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.