Andrea Nand
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
Best. Game. Ever.
badge
I wrote nanDECK and BGG1tool
mbmbmbmbmb
Version 1.14b of nanDECK is available for download, this is a list of the changes:

- New EDGE directive
- New HTMLFONT directive
- New parameter for vertical zoom for FRAMEBOX and FRAMEHEX functions
- New flag S for FRAMEHEX functions
- New LABELSTRING function
- New feature: Shortcuts
- Fixed bug in SAVELABEL directive
- Fixed bug in DUPLEX directive
- Fixed bug in COPYCARD directive
- Fixed bug in TEXT directive

Download site:
http://www.nandeck.com/

I've uploaded a new version of the manual, and I wrote this small page for the new features:
http://www.nand.it/nandeck/new_01_14b.html

/\/and
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Andrea,

What is the latest version of BGG2NanDeck? I use that for my collection (since it offers far more options than the BGG tool).

I just installed Ver 1.6C, but each time I run it, I get server errors; or it just times out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Nand
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
Best. Game. Ever.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:
Hi Andrea,

What is the latest version of BGG2NanDeck? I use that for my collection (since it offers far more options than the BGG tool).

I just installed Ver 1.6C, but each time I run it, I get server errors; or it just times out

Strange: I've tried now and I can download your collection without problems.

Can you try again from another computer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I have been having trouble downloading as well. The download will hang at 0% then give an error that it wasnt able to download. I was able to download the manual without issue though.
Thanks for the tool, I look forward to trying it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
n_and wrote:
Lemur wrote:
Hi Andrea,

Strange: I've tried now and I can download your collection without problems.

Can you try again from another computer?

Is there a specific place it needs to be installed? I have mine in the *My Documents* folder .... It doesn't seem to allow you to *install* it into the program files. Does it need to be on the desktop, for example?

I've entered my name (lemur) into the user; but when I click "load from user" - it never does ... it either returns a server error; or just times out and resets.

Running a new laptop - Windows 7 ... plenty of RAM, HD space, etc. ....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Nand
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
Best. Game. Ever.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:
Is there a specific place it needs to be installed? I have mine in the *My Documents* folder .... It doesn't seem to allow you to *install* it into the program files. Does it need to be on the desktop, for example?

I've entered my name (lemur) into the user; but when I click "load from user" - it never does ... it either returns a server error; or just times out and resets.

You can try with a folder on the desktop (and run the exe with a right-click and "Run as Adminisrator").

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Nand
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
Best. Game. Ever.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
michaelshad wrote:
I have been having trouble downloading as well. The download will hang at 0% then give an error that it wasnt able to download. I was able to download the manual without issue though.

I have noticed the 0% problem when I was behind a firewall that blocked the download of executables. Can you try from another computer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Nand
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
Best. Game. Ever.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
michaelshad wrote:

I have uploaded a password-protected zip, the link is:
http://www.nand.it/nandeck/nandeck-p.zip

The password is nandeck. Please let me know if it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
n_and wrote:
Lemur wrote:

You can try with a folder on the desktop (and run the exe with a right-click and "Run as Adminisrator").

No luck -- tried on the desktop and on the C drive.

Now, I received an HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK - I think I figured out the problem ...

You can't click the bottom filters. I had "owned" and "wishlist" clicked, and only those. They need to be grey; not black.

Black returns nothing. Grey returns the whole collection.

Edit: Duh - I just realized why ... black means this *and* this; grey means this *or* this ...

Next follow-up question. If I select Owned and Wishlist (both in grey) - both get returned in the query. From there, in the results; is there any way to tell which are owned and which are wishlisted? Or, is it better to download two separate lists (one for owned, one for wishlist)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Was able to download and unzip, thank you so much for your help! Now to play with it!
cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Nand
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
Best. Game. Ever.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:
Edit: Duh - I just realized why ... black means this *and* this; grey means this *or* this ...

Sorry for not being clear, I've implemented a simple interface but I realize that it's not very intuitive.

As you have specified, every checkbox can be in one of three states:
- empty: the games in the list are not in this state
- checked: the games in the list are in this state
- full: this state is ignored

For example, this is the setup for owned games but not for trade:

Lemur wrote:
Next follow-up question. If I select Owned and Wishlist (both in grey) - both get returned in the query. From there, in the results; is there any way to tell which are owned and which are wishlisted? Or, is it better to download two separate lists (one for owned, one for wishlist)?

I can add the info in other eight columns. Let me see...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrea -- I actually just sent you a message about a different issue:

I'm using your tool to pull info from BGG into my own DB for my entire group (20+ members) -- so, I run your process each time for each member.

One thing is - we track *all* the games we own on BGG, including games that will never be played in the club (kids games, solo games, etc.)

Where can we put a denotation on BGG that this is a game not suitable for the club, that will be picked up by BGG2NanDeck. I tried putting "not for club" in the private info section of BGG and also in the Version section; but neither field is downloaded by your program.

Do I *have* to include it in my comments area? Is that my only option?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Nand
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
Best. Game. Ever.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can add a tag like "NFC" in comment, and exclude them in the list adding a filter (click the "set filter" button and check the option to his left), something like:

[comment] # NFC

P.S.: # means "not contains" (and @ means "contains").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No - I don't care if I have to eliminate them later .... (I'm happy to do that in Excel).

My question was whether there's *another* field I can put the information. Some people may not want to include that in the "comments" field ... But, it looks like the only other place it could go would be in the "Private Info" section -- and that's probably *not* returnable by your program, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Nand
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
Best. Game. Ever.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:
My question was whether there's *another* field I can put the information. Some people may not want to include that in the "comments" field ... But, it looks like the only other place it could go would be in the "Private Info" section -- and that's probably *not* returnable by your program, right?

You are right, the field "Private Info" isn't included in the API call (and even if it would be included, it's reasonable that one can only read its own, not others Private Info).

By the way, my program uses this API call:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/xmlapi/collection/n_and
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Nand
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
Best. Game. Ever.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:

I've made another version (1.6d) of BGG2nanDECK, with the option to add eight columns (one for each status) into the result file.

This is the option "Export status":

The download link is the usual:
http://www.nand.it/nandeck/bgg2nandeck.zip
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Andrea,

OK - one more question/request -- I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly (or if I've missed something).

Let's say I wanted to download the collection for several members of my group into one file (so, I want to download cayluster, latindog and slathe).

I can select "ignore dupes" - so, if each of them owns a copy, I can see multiple copies.

However, is there *any* way to tell who owns which game? So, if only one copy of Puerto Rico is in the results, can I determine which collection that is part of?

I like to have a list of all the games we collectively own; but - obviously - it's still important to know who *owns* the game, in case they aren't planning on coming to a specific event

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Nand
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
Best. Game. Ever.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:
However, is there *any* way to tell who owns which game? So, if only one copy of Puerto Rico is in the results, can I determine which collection that is part of?

OK, I've uploaded a new version (1.6e):

For downloading usernames, check the option "Export users":

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
n_and wrote:
Lemur wrote:

OK, I've uploaded a new version (1.6e):

For downloading usernames, check the option "Export users":

]

You are the best!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.