Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(1) When agents are assassinated, their cards are removed and set by the side of the board. These cards are now out of the game correct? I.E. the original owner doesn't still get to score any VPs that agent may have originally given correct?

(2) The success of an assassination is strictly determined by playing the number of bomb tokens that are required. The sanity marker has nothing to do with the success or failure of the attempt correct?

(3) Zombies - I assume you can only assassinate agents with this card if you have the necessary bombs to do so.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes, killed agents are out of the game permantently, unless they are vampires

2) Yes, you still complete the assassination even if you draw a Mad counter, but your agent is then permanently removed from the game. An assassination can only fail from the timely use of a double agent token

3) Yes, all other assassination rules remain in force, so you must play bomb cards to match the city's bomb level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Thompson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If you pick red, don't complain when I start moving your meeple...
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes the agent token and card are removed from the game. The agents with VP written on them are only calculated if they survived at the end of the game (and the owner is a Restorationist).

2) The success of an assassination is determined by playing the number of bomb symbols and an action card that allows you to assassinate. If you are assassinating a Royalty then you also draw a Sanity token and put it face up in front of you. If it is a mad token then the agent used to assassinate the royal person (success or failure) dies. This is also true for when hiding royalty. The agent dying from madness doesn't stop the assassination. Sherlock Holmes never goes mad and the player agent only goes mad when you have collected 3 mad tokens.

3) Zombies don't care for bombs, they just kill. No bombs are required for them to assassinate. Run away from them as fast as you can!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Wallace
United Kingdom
Manchester
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
What Brad said - I think he's played the game more than I have.

Martin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a situation last night whereby a player used his main agent to assassinate a royalty and drew a Mad! chit which ended the game as he was a Restorationist. This won him the game. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enzo622 wrote:
We had a situation last night whereby a player used his main agent to assassinate a royalty and drew a Mad! chit which ended the game as he was a Restorationist. This won him the game. cool

Was that the third "mad" chit he'd drawn? I don't think player (i.e "main") agents die/go mad until after 3 "mad" chits have been drawn (whether by a player agent or an owned agent).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
garry_rice wrote:
enzo622 wrote:

Was that the third "mad" chit he'd drawn? I don't think player (i.e "main") agents die/go mad until after 3 "mad" chits have been drawn (whether by a player agent or an owned agent).

Well, we weren't clear b/c it's not specifically laid out in the rules, but the rules do say that if you draw a Mad counter when assassinating, your agent is removed from the game. If that is your main agent (as a Restorationist), we assumed the game must end immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Thompson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enzo622 wrote:
garry_rice wrote:
enzo622 wrote:

Well, we weren't clear b/c it's not specifically laid out in the rules, but the rules do say that if you draw a Mad counter when assassinating, your agent is removed from the game. If that is your main agent (as a Restorationist), we assumed the game must end immediately.

Yeah, your main agent will only go mad once you have collected 3 face up Mad tokens. Drawing a Mad token from assassinating a Royal with your main agent won't effect him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Always Red wrote:
enzo622 wrote:
garry_rice wrote:
enzo622 wrote:

Yeah, your main agent will only go mad once you have collected 3 face up Mad tokens. Drawing a Mad token from assassinating a Royal with your main agent won't effect him.

Well, that's not clear at all in the rules and needs to be made so. The rules say if you draw three Mad counters you reveal your loyalty, and the game ends if you're a Restorationist, I get that. But they also say your agent goes mad and is removed from the game if you draw one during an assassination attempt, the only exception being Sherlock Holmes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Thompson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enzo622 wrote:

Well, that's not clear at all in the rules and needs to be made so. The rules say if you draw three Mad counters you reveal your loyalty, and the game ends if you're a Restorationist, I get that. But they also say your agent goes mad and is removed from the game if you draw one during an assassination attempt, the only exception being Sherlock Holmes.

I'm sure the final rule book will be clear. I believe there is no plans for any further updates to the online rule book or PnP components.

In the mean time you can always ask me

Maybe I'll put together an FAQ thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Always Red wrote:
enzo622 wrote:
garry_rice wrote:
enzo622 wrote:

But drawing a Mad token from assassination with your main agent would end the game if you already had 2, right? Since with Sherlock, even though it doesn't kill him you still retain it, it would make sense that you'd still retain the ones drawn for your Player Agent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Thompson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
InkSplat wrote:
Always Red wrote:
enzo622 wrote:
garry_rice wrote:
enzo622 wrote:

But drawing a Mad token from assassination with your main agent would end the game if you already had 2, right? Since with Sherlock, even though it doesn't kill him you still retain it, it would make sense that you'd still retain the ones drawn for your Player Agent.

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.