Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Something has been bothering me about Cersei's prophecy. She was given a very "Snow White" prophecy in which it is revealed that she will be replaced by a younger, hotter queen. Because of this, she sets forth to destroy Margaery Tyrell.

So here's my question: why wasn't she threatened by Sansa when she was betrothed to Joffrey?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
Something has been bothering me about Cersei's prophecy. She was given a very "Snow White" prophecy in which it is revealed that she will be replaced by a younger, hotter queen. Because of this, she sets forth to destroy Margaery Tyrell.

So here's my question: why wasn't she threatened by Sansa when she was betrothed to Joffrey?


Because Cersei is bat-shit crazy.

Her POV chapters reveal a lot of craziness.

Also, don't forget that this was all revealed after Joffrey's death. So perhaps she was relishing the role of Queen Regent until after Joffrey's death then Margaery would fully become Queen due to Tommen's inexperience and naïveté, thus making her much more powerful.

-DK
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stymie says, "No Fidgets"
United States
SF Peninsula
California
flag msg tools
"Nobody down here 'cept us dummies"
badge
"Betcha can't throw that donut on my finger"
Avatar
mb
I Dani know what you are talking about.
6 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:
erak wrote:
Something has been bothering me about Cersei's prophecy. She was given a very "Snow White" prophecy in which it is revealed that she will be replaced by a younger, hotter queen. Because of this, she sets forth to destroy Margaery Tyrell.

So here's my question: why wasn't she threatened by Sansa when she was betrothed to Joffrey?


Because Cersei is bat-shit crazy.

Her POV chapters reveal a lot of craziness.

Also, don't forget that this was all revealed after Joffrey's death. So perhaps she was relishing the role of Queen Regent until after Joffrey's death then Margaery would fully become Queen due to Tommen's inexperience and naïveté, thus making her much more powerful.

-DK


I don't disagree over her increasing insanity, but I don't think she would forget a prophecy like that, especially after Rhaegar Targaryen's death. She thought her chance at being queen was done for, but after Lyanna's death, there she was again. I think having that much of the prophecy come true would be enough for it to never leave her mind.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
DKahnt wrote:
erak wrote:
Something has been bothering me about Cersei's prophecy. She was given a very "Snow White" prophecy in which it is revealed that she will be replaced by a younger, hotter queen. Because of this, she sets forth to destroy Margaery Tyrell.

So here's my question: why wasn't she threatened by Sansa when she was betrothed to Joffrey?


Because Cersei is bat-shit crazy.

Her POV chapters reveal a lot of craziness.

Also, don't forget that this was all revealed after Joffrey's death. So perhaps she was relishing the role of Queen Regent until after Joffrey's death then Margaery would fully become Queen due to Tommen's inexperience and naïveté, thus making her much more powerful.

-DK


I don't disagree over her increasing insanity, but I don't think she would forget a prophecy like that, especially after Rhaegar Targaryen's death. She thought her chance at being queen was done for, but after Lyanna's death, there she was again. I think having that much of the prophecy come true would be enough for it to never leave her mind.


Other than her increasingly worried about Margaery or deus ex machina...

I've got nothing.

-DK
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:
erak wrote:
DKahnt wrote:
erak wrote:
Something has been bothering me about Cersei's prophecy. She was given a very "Snow White" prophecy in which it is revealed that she will be replaced by a younger, hotter queen. Because of this, she sets forth to destroy Margaery Tyrell.

So here's my question: why wasn't she threatened by Sansa when she was betrothed to Joffrey?


Because Cersei is bat-shit crazy.

Her POV chapters reveal a lot of craziness.

Also, don't forget that this was all revealed after Joffrey's death. So perhaps she was relishing the role of Queen Regent until after Joffrey's death then Margaery would fully become Queen due to Tommen's inexperience and naïveté, thus making her much more powerful.

-DK


I don't disagree over her increasing insanity, but I don't think she would forget a prophecy like that, especially after Rhaegar Targaryen's death. She thought her chance at being queen was done for, but after Lyanna's death, there she was again. I think having that much of the prophecy come true would be enough for it to never leave her mind.


Other than her increasingly worried about Margaery or deus ex machina...

I've got nothing.

-DK


I'm not dismissing your argument. I rebutted it with mere speculation after all.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Further reading: Especially first post

-DK
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
DKahnt wrote:
erak wrote:
DKahnt wrote:
erak wrote:
Something has been bothering me about Cersei's prophecy. She was given a very "Snow White" prophecy in which it is revealed that she will be replaced by a younger, hotter queen. Because of this, she sets forth to destroy Margaery Tyrell.

So here's my question: why wasn't she threatened by Sansa when she was betrothed to Joffrey?


Because Cersei is bat-shit crazy.

Her POV chapters reveal a lot of craziness.

Also, don't forget that this was all revealed after Joffrey's death. So perhaps she was relishing the role of Queen Regent until after Joffrey's death then Margaery would fully become Queen due to Tommen's inexperience and naïveté, thus making her much more powerful.

-DK


I don't disagree over her increasing insanity, but I don't think she would forget a prophecy like that, especially after Rhaegar Targaryen's death. She thought her chance at being queen was done for, but after Lyanna's death, there she was again. I think having that much of the prophecy come true would be enough for it to never leave her mind.


Other than her increasingly worried about Margaery or deus ex machina...

I've got nothing.

-DK


I'm not dismissing your argument. I rebutted it with mere speculation after all.


I hear you... I think it all comes to power. Cersei had power with Joffrey. When he was dead now Margaery had it thus the remembrance of the prophecy.

-DK
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sansa was a pushover. Cersei thought she could control her. Margaery was doing her own thing, and thus to be perceived as a threat.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't dismiss the possibility that GRRM may have just forgotten about it or got confused. There was no sexual tension so he wasn't interested in continuity or consistency.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearcat89 wrote:
Don't dismiss the possibility that GRRM may have just forgotten about it or got confused. There was no sexual tension so he wasn't interested in continuity or consistency.



Ah... the Leia kissing Luke theory!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.