Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loser is a killer power. In tonight's game, Loser had a hand full of Negotiates with no attack cards, and was unstoppable. (He also held the only Cosmic Zap in any hand.)

Loser attacked Macron (who really shouldn't have been in a game with Loser). The game was at stake, as Loser had four foreign colonies. Macron had a hand full of Attack cards but claimed he could play Morph, because the card has the colored border of both the Negotiate and the Attack card, so he claimed it was both. As the owner of the game, I ruled the type of the Morph card is "Morph", not "Attack", so he couldn't play it if he had any attack cards. Loser won.

Was I right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You were right. When the Morph is in your hand, it's a Morph, and Morph is a card type distinct from Attack or Negotiate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's worth noting that encounter cards work slightly differently from all other cards...

For most cards, the type of card is what it says up in the very top. However, for all encounter cards (which say "Encounter" at the very top), their type is dictated by the effect of the card--Attack, Negotiate, or Morph.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.