Subject: Hosting my first game Sunday.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Farrell
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Seems Ill be having about 15-18 people, and I want to make sure the selection of characters I am using is good.

9 Villagers
The Witch
The Hunter
The Defender
The Seer
The Village Idiot
2 Wolves

Now thats only 16, but if I get more, when should I add another wolf (if you dont think I already should have)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd normally add a third wolf at 13 and a fourth wolf at 17.

I wouldn't bother with with Village Idiot, and I'd be very careful with the number of specials you've got, especially the defensive ones. It's possible for the Seer to live for three nights after revealing (guard, witch, guard again).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kevin,
We have played a lot of this recently (kids love it) and this edition with nice thick blade shaped cards is great.

We have found the following lots of fun ( after experimenting).

Small(ish) group of under ten players - 2 werewolves
Smaller group still - 1 werewolf

Your group larger play - 2 or 3 werewolves I would think.

Personally we have found a lot of fun:

The village idiot

Cupid ( pairing off unlikely lovers is lots of fun)

Defender

The little girl

The elder

And ofcoarse the sherif!.

I guess you will be narrater?, have a practice game first!
Get everyone in the mood
Narrater makes or breaks the game.
Take lead roll in daytime discussion to actively encourage lively debate and keep order.
In night tame narrater clearly controls all that happens.
( have a pen and paper and call out each role at night by a raised hand to mark off if this helps).

People making noise at night can be a problem (even the movement of an arm to point at a victim can alert villagers ).
An excellent music track to play at night purposely made for werewolf can be accessed here
https://soundcloud.com/maxtemkin/night

This is primarily to accompany the brilliant recent kickstarter werewolf pack from Max Temkin (I backed).

Max has made this open source and therefore I hope is happy for me to link the sound track here.

Have lots of fun. It's a brilliant game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.