Hide
6 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Exhausting attachments rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marko Polo
msg tools
Steward of Gondor for example, do I lose the "Gondor trait" when the attachment is exhausted to get 2 resources?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, attachments are "permanent" on your characters. Unless they specifically state discard on action, all you do is turn them sideways to exhaust. At the end of the turn, the attachment "unexhausts" like all the characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in the FAQ.

FAQ wrote:
Q: If an attachment gives a permanent stat bonus, does that bonus still apply when the attachment is exhausted?
A: Yes. Exhausting an attachment does not negate any permanent bonus that attachment grants to the attached character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rudling
msg tools
On the subject of Exhaustion.

Henamarth Riversong Exhaust Henamarth Riversong to look at the top card of the encounter deck.

Im sure you can already guess what Im going to ask..
Must I exhaust to SOLELY to perform the action? Or does exhausting by committing to a quest for example count?

So how about Faramir
How does this card work when playing solo, can i exhaust him by committing to the quest, thus this exhaustion allowing me to choose myself, so that all the characters committed (including Faramir?) gain +1 willpower?
(Happy days)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
killcrystal wrote:
On the subject of Exhaustion.

Henamarth Riversong Exhaust Henamarth Riversong to look at the top card of the encounter deck.

Im sure you can already guess what Im going to ask..
Must I exhaust to SOLELY to perform the action? Or does exhausting by committing to a quest for example count?

No, you have to choose. You can think of Exhausting as another way to pay for things.

killcrystal wrote:
So how about Faramir
How does this card work when playing solo, can i exhaust him by committing to the quest, thus this exhaustion allowing me to choose myself, so that all the characters committed (including Faramir?) gain +1 willpower?
(Happy days)

Again, you have to choose between exhausting to commit to the quest or exhausting to use his ability. But yes, you can choose yourself with Faramir's ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook page 25 wrote:
Many cards are written in a “pay or exhaust X to do
Y” manner. When confronted with such a construct,
everything before the word “to” is considered the cost,
and everything after the word “to” is considered an
effect.

Costs can only be payed with cards or resources that a
player controls. If an effect is canceled, the cost is still
considered to have been paid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.