Popular Tags: [View All]
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it might be worthwhile cross-posting a question I posed over at the CSW OCS thread and the answer I received from Dean Essig:

Quote:
DAK2 road movement cost

Could someone please help me with this question that has me baffled: What is the MP cost for moving into a hex (via a road) that has two different connecting road types that also have different MP costs? For example, what is the Truck MP cost for moving from DAK2 C37.05 to C38.04? Similarly, moving from C39.04 to C38.04 using Truck MPs?

I know if it was area terrain I was talking about then base rule 6.2d would cover it, ie use the most expensive terrain type, but I can't find any rule that covers differing road types/costs in the same hex...I guess where I'm going with this question is wanting to know if the Truck MP cost for C38.04 is different depending on which way you go: 39.04 to 38.04 to 38.05, ie along the Primary Road as opposed to 39.04 to 38.04 to 37.05, ie Primary Road to Road, and vice versa...

Thank you.

Dean Essig wrote:
Use the road-type cost for the road-type you got into the hex on... C37.05 to C38.04 use the 2ndary Road Coast, C39.04 to C38.04 use the Primary one (ditto for C38.05 to C38.04 for completeness).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre rp
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I don´t own DAK cry, but I think it could be used the rule 6.2a "Roads can be used only if the moving unit is following a continuous road path".

So If I move from C37.05 to C38.04, I´d use the Road MP cost.

And If I move from C39.04 to C38.04, I´d use the Primary Road MP cost.

But it´s only my oppinion... cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
McKinley Hamby
United States
Charles Town
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexandre got it. Also you use the cost of the hex you "Entering" to determine cost.

So if you are moving 37.05 to 38.05 to 39.04 it would be
Road MP then Primary Road. Because you are assumed to be in the "Center" of the hex at each point when you decide the cost...

McK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rockhopper01 wrote:
It always seemed just common sense to use the cost of whatever method the unit used to enter the hex. If a unit is traveling on and enters a hex via a major road, why would you use the cost of a secondary road or track?

Exactly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.