Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Whizzard Inside™ (Since jopejope brought it up) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stan Adecla
United States
New York
flag msg tools
A Whizzard deck I've been playing for a while.

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Whizzard: Master Gamer (What Lies Ahead)

Total Cards: (45)

Event: (6)
Sure Gamble (Core) x3
Deja Vu (Core) x3

Hardware: (10)
Cyberfeeder (Core) x3
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead) x2
Doppelganger (A Study in Static) x2 ■■
The Personal Touch (Core) x3 ■■

Program: (18)
Corroder (Core) x3
Datasucker (Core) x3
Djinn (Core) x2
Medium (Core) x1
Mimic (Core) x3
Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus) x1
Parasite (Core) x2
Yog.0 (Core) x3

Resource: (11)
Armitage Codebusting (Core) x3
Inside Man (A Study in Static) x3
Wyldside (Core) x3
Aesop's Pawnshop (Core) x2 ■■

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 46
Criminal: 4
Shaper: 10

I was wondering if the build was in any way similar to what jopejope is/was playing.

The main thing is to do some early prodding, set up the rig afterwards, and abuse the hell out of Doppelgänger and Datasucker. The sucker keeps things cheap and also allows for the picking off of troublesome Ice with Parasite. Grimoire is OK for explosive turns, but so far Doppelsucker just puts a good stranglehold on the late game.

Without an early Wyldside, this deck screeches to one of the worst halts ever. It's SO... SO... ... ... SLOW.

Damage and program trashing are the banes of this deck. Snare! is particularly awful since most times I only have two free clicks. Having what amounts to be 6 clicks a turn (even if they are pretty fixed) is hella fun to play though.

I was dabbling in a 46th card for a bit. Lemuria is amazing, but things have to go fairly well since I'm click starved. 1 Imp is either a godsend or really meh. Same with Demolition Run. Demolition can save me from certain kinds of shenanigans like Power Grid Overload or SEA Source, but I need to hit my one-ofs to make it work. Notoriety is something I've been thinking about. And the new Networking also looks fabulous.

Also, Kati Jones will most likely replace the Codebusting. Liberated Accounts used to be in here, but the initial cost was occasionally prohibitive. I plopped in Plascrete in its stead since if my Inside Man puts it on the table, I can pawn it if I don't need it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lionel Jacques
United States
Casselberry
Florida
flag msg tools
It's ok - I always roll this bad.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious what you mean by, "running with the equivalent of 6 clicks a turn" - without All Nighter and only Doppelgänger isn't 4 the most you would have? (Assuming the key Wyldside is out of course)

Just curious - as I love my Whizzard as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well wyldside = draw 2 for 1 click, and Doppel is 2 runs for 1 click, leaving 2 clicks left. That's 6 clicks worth of "stuff" in one turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Đekić
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
I can't help but notice that your 3 Personalized Touches could be easily replaced with Ice Carvers for no influence and better Parasite synergy(unless you plan on stacking them). This would, however, make Inside Man not quite as good.

How's the economy working for you? You only have Armitage and Sure Gamble, plus Pawnshop which is useless at the start of the game - and Cyberfeeder, but that's rather specific. Oh, and Inside Man, but that only pays for certain cards in your deck, and if you plop one early on you have less money to spend on programs, which make up the majority of your deck. I would probably add 3x Liberated Accounts instead of something - maybe Inside Man, I'm really not sure about that card. That might change with Humanity's Shadow, though.

Also, I would strongly consider a third Parasite. There's really no reason not to run it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Aurelius
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kandiru wrote:
Well wyldside = draw 2 for 1 click, and Doppel is 2 runs for 1 click, leaving 2 clicks left. That's 6 clicks worth of "stuff" in one turn.

Since Whizzard doesn't, like Noise, frantically install viruses all the time only to pawn them off, drawing 2 cards isn't as good as 2 clicks to him. And doppleganger is only used on turns on which you run, and only on those where you can actually commit 2 useful runs. It's more of a Medium-Neural agent booster card (and for that, Grimoire be a better choice) then a steady click per turn. Which makes me wonder why is there only a single Medium in the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Martin
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, this is pretty similar to my deck, except you are using Doppelganger as your console while I'm using Dinosaurus. What I did was build a pretty standard Yogosaurus deck using Kate and then I decided to build a Whizzard version to get access to all the juicy Anarch cards like Ice Carver and their wonderful breakers. It turns out the Whizzard version is much stronger and more fun to play.

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Whizzard: Master Gamer (What Lies Ahead)

Total Cards: (45)

Event: (6)
Infiltration (Core) x3
Sure Gamble (Core) x3

Hardware: (12)
Cyberfeeder (Core) x3
Dinosaurus (Cyber Exodus) x3 ■■
The Personal Touch (Core) x3 ■■
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead) x3

Program: (14)
Datasucker (Core) x2
Mimic (Core) x3
Morning Star (What Lies Ahead) x2
Yog.0 (Core) x3
Femme Fatale (Core) x1 ■
Corroder (Core) x3

Resource: (13)
Aesop's Pawnshop (Core) x1 ■■
Armitage Codebusting (Core) x3
Ice Carver (Core) x3
Liberated Account (Trace Amount) x3
Inside Man (A Study in Static) x3

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 40
Criminal: 1
Shaper: 14

This deck plays like a Shaper deck. Once you get your rig setup, you can run almost anywhere for only a few credits. What's neat about this deck is that "your rig" is very loosely defined and depends heavily on what ice the corp is playing. Usually you want Mimic on Dinosaurus since Personal Touch+Ice Carver is enough for Yog to handle everything, but if you don't draw Ice Carver and/or they aren't playing Archer then you can be a little more flexible there.

Like all Shaper decks this deck loses to not getting setup fast enough. It's strong though because of its flexibility. With the Anarch breakers you can put a lot of pressure on without having your full rig out. Mimic is particularly good here because the corp can't really hurt you unless they rez Archer (and then you only lose Mimic, no big deal) and they have to rez everything they have to keep you out. It's great for dealing with those troublesome Sentries that cause so much headache for most other decks (Caduceus, Katana, Rototurret, Shadow). Corroder is also an excellent breaker for early pressure.

Since this deck doesn't have Wyldside or Special Order it can have trouble finding its breakers. I've compensated for this by just having tons of breakers. 5 fracters, 4 killers, and 3 decoders. This often mirrors the frequency of ice-types in a typical corp deck. I'm a fan of 5-fracter Shaper decks. I've included a Femme to deal with Hadrian's Wall which is otherwise expensive, and also to deal with that one Ice Wall in a Weyland:BWBI deck. The fact that this deck doesn't know what its final rig will look like gives it a lot of speed and flexibility, since you only have to draw one of each breaker and then any three of Personal Touch, Ice Carver, Dinosaurus, and Datasucker.

One change I have been considering is dropping the Datasuckers and replacing them with Medium. A Datasucker definitely helps with early pressure, but I'm not sure if it's pulling its weight. A Medium would allow more R&D pressure particularly with the cheap runs it can make. But on the other hand, it can already put great pressure on R&D just with running every turn and having Whizzard's ability to trash assets/upgrades. Also, Datasucker is more fun. And this is a fun deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Martin
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For your deck, why Deja Vu? It's the only card that seems completely out of place here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Adecla
United States
New York
flag msg tools
To eirei,
My deck tends to run on a tight budget, yes. I try to keep my credits high, but at times I'm just running off of Datasuckers, breakers, and Cyberfeeders with no real money in my pocket. You're right about Ice Carver, I'll just need to figure out what to take out. I like Personal Touch because as jopejope said in his post, it allows you to adjust Yog.0 and Mimic for the matchup.

To Malvoli0,
I'm frantically looking for hardware to force value out of Inside Man. Cyberfeeders keep real money in the pocket, Personal touch can allow for mid-game running and it can help save Datasucker virus counters, Djinn holds the Datasuckers, etc. It's a big rig deck and I need to find it in all of its enormity. jopejope said he had trouble finding breakers so he just put in extras. Pretty much the same deal here.

There's only a single Medium because being able to run R&D that often only tends to happen late. There are times where I wish I had a Medium, yes. And sometimes it's in my opening hand and I have to dump it and wait for a Deja Vu.

To jopejope,
You're on point about Deja Vu. There are times where it's useful, but more often than not it just sits there. It's mainly for recycling Parasites, but sometimes it just doesn't happen or need to happen. Occasionally I'd want to get back a card that was trashed.

One spot where Deja Vu is nice is against Weyland and their advancable nonsense. So much of their ice is huge that I need loads of Parasites at times.

I think swapping one out for a third Parasite is in order. I'm not keen on dumping them just yet, especially since there will only be two of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Benzein
Sweden
Sollentuna
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like these decks are really fun to play, would be kinda cute if it was possible to fit Dyson mem chip, another linkcard and underworld contacts in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cy rus
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
wakkowolf wrote:
You're right about Ice Carver, I'll just need to figure out what to take out. I like Personal Touch because as jopejope said in his post, it allows you to adjust Yog.0 and Mimic for the matchup.

In this case, Ice Carver would do the exact same thing as Personal Touch, but for all of your breakers (ICE losing a strength is the same as a breaker gaining a strength, except for in really specific circumstances). Personal Touch only serves a purpose in addition to Ice Carver in Anarch. I would switch Inside Man with Ice Carver, I'm just guessing but I bet the Carvers will save you more creds anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Adecla
United States
New York
flag msg tools
VHStapes wrote:
wakkowolf wrote:
You're right about Ice Carver, I'll just need to figure out what to take out. I like Personal Touch because as jopejope said in his post, it allows you to adjust Yog.0 and Mimic for the matchup.

In this case, Ice Carver would do the exact same thing as Personal Touch, but for all of your breakers (ICE losing a strength is the same as a breaker gaining a strength, except for in really specific circumstances). Personal Touch only serves a purpose in addition to Ice Carver in Anarch. I would switch Inside Man with Ice Carver, I'm just guessing but I bet the Carvers will save you more creds anyway

The deck's main focus is forcing value out of Inside Man. I don't doubt the efficacy of Ice Carver, but without Inside Man, Wyldside will be spilling cards in my hand that I'll have to pay for with a dwindling supply of credits. If anything, Wyldside would have to go for it. The deck would slow down, but Parasiting things like Tollbooth and Data Raven would be less painful.

jopejope's build is definitely the better one as it doesn't depend too much on Datasucker like mine and has a good curve ball in Femme. I just don't want to get caught shelling out 8 for Morning Star.

Also, for my deck, I've decided on Notoriety as card 46. Also going to swap out the other two Deja Vu for something... Probably Liberated Accounts. God it's just so depressing to see them early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Adecla
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Ilza wrote:
Looks like these decks are really fun to play, would be kinda cute if it was possible to fit Dyson mem chip, another linkcard and underworld contacts in there.

Actually, I tried that with Gabe. Spent too much time drawing cards and not running. I'm going to try it again with Andromeda when Mr. Li comes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.