Subject: Berserker Genome or Valkyrie Armor? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Didier Bredael
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello,

I have my first game tonight and I have One last question. I Own the two expansions but I didn't play with the second one. I Will only play with SE tonight because WE are all newbies!

So I saw that in the second expansion WE have to replace the racial tech of the N'orr Berserker Genome by the Valkyrie Armor. But, did I have to replace it knowing that I don't use any componant of this second expension?

Is it a replacement for balanced the game with SE or is it a replacement for balanced the game playing with the componant of SotT?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manary Corte
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Best game of all time...
badge
...Twilight Imperium 3!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would play with both techs for every race. If it seems to break the game without SotT, then remove it along with every SotT racial tech (for balancing purposes).

The racial techs provided by SotT are added to the game, so now you have 2 racial techs per race, not only one.

This game is vast, and adding every feature provided, for me, increases the amount of fun.

Happy gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are not playing the expansion then you don't have to play any of it at all. Just like if you didn't own it - so no you don't HAVE to.

That said having one racial tech or two makes no difference to complexity, and Berzerker Genome is awful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ManCorte wrote:
The racial techs provided by SotT are added to the game, so now you have 2 racial techs per race, not only one.

I believe the question dealt with the two Techs that were replaced in the expansion, Winnu's Bioptic Recyclers and N'Orrs Berzerker Genome (replaced by Valkyrie Armor and Exotrieme).

In the case of these two techs, they are being replaced because they were broken.

It is certainly up to you how you put your game together, but I would suggest that you replace the "broken" cards. If you want to exclude one of N'Orrs techs, because you want to use only SE, that is up to you.

Personally, I would still include all of the techs, races, and planets from SoT since that is just extra stuff that doesn't really add any complexity. There is no reason that you can't include that stuff and not play with any of the optional rules from the expansion.

If you don't play with any of the optional rules, you can leave the ACs from the expansion out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelanen wrote:
If you are not playing the expansion then you don't have to play any of it at all. Just like if you didn't own it - so no you don't HAVE to.

That said having one racial tech or two makes no difference to complexity, and Berzerker Genome is awful!

Yup, Berserker Genome was meant to "fix" the worthless Sardakk N'Orr (aka the Sardakk N'Ott!)...but it didn't...this racial tech sucked a$$ just as badly as the Sardakk N'Ott in the base game...but wait..."any player can win with any race in any given game"...ok...play with skilled, veteran players 10 games in a row as the Suckass N'Ott against The Naalu Collective, the Yssaril Tribes, the Mentak Coalition and the Emirates of Hacan in every game...you won't win...sorry...you're not that good...oh...but wait...we'll feel sorry for you and you'll persuade us to help you...no we won't...we'll just kill you Suckass N'Ott player.

'nuff said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
3D board game prints: www.3dhubs.com/service/3dgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep all 3 in for the Norr and do not take any out. The Norr do not seem any worse from it and they could use any boost they can get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.