Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Roach
United Kingdom
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As you will see below, Chester is well served with gaming opportunities but compared with other towns of comparable size the number of boardgamers attending the meetings seems lower than average. This may be because there is a perception that the clubs are mainly aimed at role players (Chester Games Club))or war gamers (Deeside Defenders). In fact, dedicated boardgamers attend both clubs and, in the case of the Sunday session at Deeside, only boardgames are played.

Boardgaming is becoming a bigger part of both clubs so, if you have thought about attending or have attended in the past and struggled to find a game I would encourage you to come along on:

Monday 6.30 to 11 at the Forest House (Wetherspoons), Love Street, Chester City Centre, CH1 1QY

Thursday 6.30 to 11 at the Wings Social Club, Airbus UK, Broughton, CH40DR

Most Sundays 11am to 4pm at the Wings Social Club, Airbus UK, Broughton, CH40DR

Monday is at the Chester Games Club. Boardgaming, role-playing and CCGs are played every week. Boardgaming is guaranteed with at least 3 games on the go at any time. There is a mix of euros and ameritrash/fantasy so there should be something for everyone. Attendance at the club is around 40-50 with around a minimum of 12 boardgaming.

Thursday is at the Deeside Defenders Club a few miles outside of Chester. The boardgamers are almost a club within a club so whilst the main activity in the club is miniature wargaming you are guaranteed to find an opportunity to play eurogames and there is a good chance that you will find something more ameritrashy going on as well. Attendance is usually 40-50 with up to 10 boardgamers.

Sunday sees a smaller group (4-6)attend the Airbus Club playing only boardgames (almost exclusively euros). If you are intending to come along I suggest that you contact me on 07715005612 beforehand as occasionally we are not there.

I can guarantee a warm welcome at any of these meetings. Both clubs have websites that give directions to venues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.