Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This episode, we play perhaps the most popular and well-known game we've ever reviewed on Flip the Table...it's Mall Madness! In the electronic version of this game, players take the role of shopping-obsessed teenagers racing to buy arbitrarily priced retail goods, such as sunglasses, t-shirts, and pets (on clearance, if possible). Need energy? Stop at the movie theater for a quick meal. Then, send your friend to the rest room to delay their progress. Has this electronic monument to mall culture stood the test of time, or is this just another roll-and-mover with fancy window dressing? Plus; Professor Laserbooks guides us through a Battle of Wits where we plumb the depths of consumer fads. Check it out! Seriously!!!

http://tableflipsyou.blogspot.com/2013/04/episode-27-mall-ma...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jones
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Check the Great Big Table podcast (http://greatbigtable.com), a podcast about expanding the board game hobby.
mbmbmbmbmb
As you can see from our Twitter conversation, we really enjoyed ourselves with this one.

Also, you guys need to consider making the T-shirt: "Flip the Table's Battle of Wits: Destroying your faith in humanity since 2011"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Predki
Poland
Łódź
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ever since your Robocop episode whenever the BotW involves ridiculously priced items I can't help but hear "I'd buy that for a dollar". Damn you diamond-studded Furby!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CWM
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WOAH! A name drop for Culdcept Saga? We're kindred spirits, cepter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jighm Brown
United States
Rossville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know how many times it has happened to me when I go to the mall: I take my purchase to the counter, whip out the old card, clerk runs the card, then the item disappears from the counter because they're out of stock. Hate when that happens!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The song at the end was epic. Thanks for the laughs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Dew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone played the LNOE mashup yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not yet; I gotta check that out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.