United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Here it is. The totally unofficial countdown thread. When will we cross the goal? How far will we go over? Will we get custom dice?

First order of business is how close. As of this writing we are at $38,688. That means we need 19 more backers at the $70 level and we are gold.

LW actually had a few rough days. We had three good days from the 22nd-24th with 34 orders those three days. I was feeling so confident that I sent John a note of congratulations. I jinxed it! I'm sorry! After my message of congratulations the game got only 3 orders the following day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

We are still golden, Brian. TypicallymMany people procrastinate on KS campaigns until the last minute and the final two days usually offer a flood of last minute supporters. I cannot believe so many people who have already expressed strontg interest in LW's release will let this campaign fail. On the other hand now is not the time to just sit and watch. Now is the time step up the buzz. I will be posting a message to that effect later tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sheely
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a random Kickstarter question... and maybe this is info you want to keep private but..

If my game were to be within $1000 bucks or so and didn't quite make it, I would personally kick in the extra dough. All that work and excitement to fall just a smidge short at the last instant?!?

Here's my question and I don't really expect an answer but how close is close enough? If you're $40 short I can't imagine the thing not going through.

p.s. I've been eagerly waiting for this to be released and am a Kickstarter supporter for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse A.
msg tools
mbmbmb
I am a proud kick starter as well. I am really looking forward to this being my first ACW board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Masters
United States
flag msg tools
Poniske wrote:

We are still golden, Brian. TypicallymMany people procrastinate on KS campaigns until the last minute and the final two days usually offer a flood of last minute supporters. I cannot believe so many people who have already expressed strontg interest in LW's release will let this campaign fail. On the other hand now is not the time to just sit and watch. Now is the time step up the buzz. I will be posting a message to that effect later tonight.

Yes, I am one of those procrastinators, but I can proudly say I through in my support today with Kickstart! I'm really looking forward to this game. The Civil War games I play now are A House Divided and Battlecry. From what I've read, this game should be quite different than the latter two. I hope we can fetch up the remaining $1,100 or so dollars!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys, this is my baby, and over the years I've sweated more over it than you can begin to imagine. I tell you this because right now, I am NOT worried - LW WILL get the support it needs. If you are concerned, then please do what you can to ease your mind and build the buzz. Tell your friends and family. But either way it won't be long and we WILL all be over the hurdle.

Thanks again to those of you that have had enough faith to plunk your money down already!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1573479789/lincolns-war-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stuart glanvville
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i've watched this with interest and willed it to cross the line - i'm unable to back as i sunk all my cash into heroes of normandie - but that had a nigh on 40% jump over the last 60 hours - they did fuel it with some extra stretch goal madness though..

A good way to boost the $$ would have been to offer the mounted map as an add on for $30 and dice for $8/$10 - you'd see a nice bump then from backers boshing in the extra cash.. add on's seem to be what are propelling a lot of games from an average campaign to a good one.
Also a plain vanilla - here's the game - add postage would have been good, tees and magnets aren't that essential to me, but i might be unusual..

However i am with you John and don't see this not crossing the line.. I look forward to getting a copy here in the UK when it get's printed it looks intriguing..

(i'm gonna watch though.. if it needs another $70 at the end, i can tell i'll be forced to hide the bank statements from the wife and just bang an order in..)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good on you, Stuart. Thanks, mate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Overnight jump in funding increased funding to where we only need EIGHT MORE GAMES TO PUBLICATION !

Thanks to everyone who is pitching in on creating the buzz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So it's, like, made it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Windsor
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that it made the goal, does the Gettysburg shipping date still seem on target?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not for me to say, Mike. Ask on the KS comments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.