Subject: ACW CAMPAIGN GAMES rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if there any wargames that allow you to play the whole civil war.

You could ofcourse buy a game about every battle, but I'm looking for a game that lets you play the whole war and re-write history.

Kind of europe engulfed for the Acw.

I suspect you'll mention house divided,got that, like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Playable American Civil War 1861-1865
Unplayable but a better simulation The Civil War

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Borgelin
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't say The Civil War was unplayable, it is most definitely a long game by which I mean circa twenty hours of play to get you all the way through the war but those twenty hours are twenty hours very well spent! The Civil War is a great game that most certainly allows you to attempt the rewrite of history. Certainly would get my vote....just play it over several sessions... You could even play a session per year of the war to really break it down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hatricvs wrote:
I wouldn't say The Civil War was unplayable, it is most definitely a long game by which I mean circa twenty hours of play to get you all the way through the war but those twenty hours are twenty hours very well spent! The Civil War is a great game that most certainly allows you to attempt the rewrite of history. Certainly would get my vote....just play it over several sessions... You could even play a session per year of the war to really break it down.
You need a large area that you can leave the game set up in. So unless you have a dedicated gaming room and you only want to play this it's not unplayable. If however you have limited space and (or) time it would not be a good investment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokey 64
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A House Divided

The Lost Cause

Bobby Lee and Sam Grant together cover the whole war.

For the People

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Smooth seas make the voyage more pleasant.
badge
A ship in port is safe, and that's just what ports are for.
mbmbmbmbmb
Top 10 strategic ACW Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.