Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys.

Just played through my first simple game (2p). It was really meant just as a learning or "test" game (and rightfully so, it was a little rough, lol).

A couple of things weren't entirely clear to me. The first is probably obvious, but I couldn't find a clear explanation as to how we should be removing yellow tokens from the bank. I understand the lower number is the feeding cost, but how do you reveal it, and when do you start using the a new value?

In other words, do you need to make sure you grab from the top to bottom (and right to left), and once a block of 4 is completely empty you use that new value for the next 4 workers? This seems like how it should work to me, as the feeding value is written in the lower left, making it appear to be the final token you'd remove from that section of the bank.

So just to clarify, as an example, after removing your 6th worker, you only then start paying 3 to feed, until you remove your 10th. Then you start paying 4, etc?

Lastly, do you flip an even card only on the start players turn, or on every players turn? It seems to be only once per round of turns, but I couldn't find any explicit wording.

Sorry if the answers are obvious in the rules, but my head is swimming with all of the info I've read in the last few days!

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes108 wrote:

In other words, do you need to make sure you grab from the top to bottom (and right to left), and once a block of 4 is completely empty you use that new value for the next 4 workers? This seems like how it should work to me, as the feeding value is written in the lower left, making it appear to be the final token you'd remove from that section of the bank.

So just to clarify, as an example, after removing your 6th worker, you only then start paying 3 to feed, until you remove your 10th. Then you start paying 4, etc?

yes this is it. you reveal the feeding value when you take the last cube. beware this is the new feeding value not the cost of a new worker.

Holmes108 wrote:

Lastly, do you flip an even card only on the start players turn, or on every players turn? It seems to be only once per round of turns, but I couldn't find any explicit wording.

what game do you play : simple, advanced or the full ?

simple : the first player at his turn does reveal an event card (EDIT : beginning in round 3)
advanced /full : each player reveals an event card when he uses his political action to play a card into the event deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, thanks. Yeah it was just the simple game. I haven't got into political actions yet. Next game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Sporre
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes108 wrote:
I understand the lower number is the feeding cost, but how do you reveal it, and when do you start using the a new value?

I'm not sure I understand you correctly, but anyway:
The first two tokens in the population bank costs 2 food each to turn into unused workers (that's the "2" written on the board among the tokens). Once you've taken those two tokens from the bank you start paying 1 food in feed cost every production phase, since the "1" has been revealed in the bottom left corner of that section.
Tokens 3-6 will cost 3 food each to turn into unused workers, and once those 4 are removed and that section is empty you start paying 2 food feed cost in each production phase, but until the section is completely empty you're still paying 1 in feed cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
Steinman wrote:

I'm not sure I understand you correctly, but anyway:
The first two tokens in the population bank costs 2 food each to turn into unused workers (that's the "2" written on the board among the tokens). Once you've taken those two tokens from the bank you start paying 1 food in feed cost every production phase, since the "1" has been revealed in the bottom left corner of that section.
Tokens 3-6 will cost 3 food each to turn into unused workers, and once those 4 are removed and that section is empty you start paying 2 food feed cost in each production phase, but until the section is completely empty you're still paying 1 in feed cost.

Yeah, thanks. That's what I had guessed, and what I had gathered from here as well. It seemed logical, but there wasn't (that I saw) anything crystal clear in the rulebook.

It seemed to mention pulling tokens from right to left, but wasn't 100% clear on having to pull from top to bottom as well. And as the next level of consumption is hidden under the token itself, it's just not immediately obvious (to a brand new player) which token you should be grabbing first, or if it mattered.

I have it now though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.