California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
MDRockstar wrote:
(They are thinking about solo play)

So no finalized rules yet for it? It kind of makes me wonder what else isn't complete.

Mantic did a great job with DreadBall last year, so that wins them some points. But until there is a gameplay video, it is just a bunch of pretty minis that once again got funded in lightning speed. Robotech got a pass for this since I grew up watching it. This one is going to have to work hard for my backing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EnderWizard
United States
Niskayuna
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
demondude777 wrote:
Robotech got a pass for this since I grew up watching it. This one is going to have to work hard for my backing.

Whew. I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt this way (re: Robotech)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I first saw this game, I had two reactions:

The first was, "wow that looks cool!"

The second was, "crap, that shares a lot of thematic qualities with a game I've been developing here on BGG for over a year (Skirmish Tactics Apocalypse), which I hope to get published.

So I looked and looked and looked and found no reference to a rules set. Not even a preview. And it made me think, well even if their game gets a ton of money, there's no guarantee it will be a quality gaming experience. Backers really don't get an idea of what they're getting into. This of course may change if they post a game demo video, preview rules, etc. But in the end, what it served to do was make me feel like I am really going the better route in trying to be as transparent as possible in the development of my game.

Just my $.02.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael, thanks for the update. Are you part of the campaign? If so, is there a reason these weren't ready to go at launch? Just curious about the approach to running a Kickstarter. It seems like it would be a much better idea to include a gameplay preview at launch. Of course, with the success of the game within minutes of launch, it's hard to argue with the marketing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I'm part of this kickstarter. However we asked the same question to Mantic and had no response about it.In fact they were too busy because there was a lot of questions to answer!

Ha! Well, I can believe that. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I appreciate it, and I'm looking forward to the gameplay video and rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Palmer
msg tools
Hey all!

The core rules are pretty much locked down and we will be releasing the alpha next week.

They weren't posted up straight away for two reasons - 1) it allows Jake a couple more days to tweak things based on player feedback so far and 2) we wanted to make a deal about it, and we will be releasing gameplay video and more content throughout the week which otherwise may have been lost during the frenzy. The alpha and player feedback is important to us, and we wanted to ensure it got it's moment in the spotlight. Something to look forwards to at the very least.

RE - Solo play: this won't be in the core version of the game, which is why it's not complete. In fact, it was a suggestion in the comments that led us to think about including it. Don't let that influence your decision on whether to pledge or not.

Thanks for your support!

Chris!
Marketing Co-ordinator
Mantic Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response Chris! Please let us know when they are up.

I love seeing solo play on everything possible, since my wife would rather cry in a corner then play a game with me, and my friends are only available now and then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.