Subject: KidGameRatings.com shutting down rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Webb Space Telescope in 2018!
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
I'm the owner of KidGameRatings.com, I sadly announce that I have decided to shut down the site, due to my lack of time and money.

http://kidgameratings.com

If anyone wants to take over development of the site, please let me know. You can have it for free. It uses ASP.NET and SQL Server technology, but an experienced developer could pretty easily rebuild it into something else, taking the data from the database.

The purpose of the site is to promote board games for kids. Kids are the future of our hobby.

I has always been my hope that BGG would take over what KGR is trying to do. When I first created KGR about 7 or 8 years, ago BGG was not as kid friendly as it is now. However, in my opinion BGG could still do a lot more - so I encourage all Geeks who care about kids and board gaming to continue to lobby BGG to improve it's features for finding great kids games. It wouldn't be hard to make BGG an excellent resource for that.

In my opinion, KGR has limited earning potential, so anyone who takes it over would be doing it mostly out of love for boardgaming and kids. However, you could possibly score some free games from publishers too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ash Gamer
msg tools
Hi Tesuji,

I just sent you a message about this. Please review and let me know.

Thanks and have a great evening!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.