Subject: Slammin' good time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse G
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all BGG's

We used this as a quick ender to the night. Immediatley after explaining the rules some of our group started to compare Slamwich to other games with like mechanics. I have read alot of info on this game and originally i bought this to play a simple game with my daughter but it has received more play with adults.

The only issue i have with this game is that my hand always gets mangled or smashed trying to "Slam" the pile...

SLAMWICH
Players: 2-6
Est. Time: 10-30 mins
Age Level: 6+

I have read a few things on this game that really almost made me second guess buying it. It was on sale and its a "fast paced, sandwich building game" so i thought oh well... my daughter likes the look of it.

Some people online claim this as "avoid" or "lame" and i cannot state that these people are wrong, but i have had an absolute blast playing this...

THE WHOLE POINT IS TO GET ALL THE CARDS - or to have the most cards after a preset time limit.

Very easy to learn and quick reflexes are a must. This is basically a pattern game with a few variables. The "AA" and "ABA" pattern concept.

[ImageID=http://boardgamegeek.com/image/11712/slamwich]

So when laying cards if two of any card are laid (i.e. 2 hot dogs, 2 lettuce etc) this is called a "DOUBLE DECKER". A person slams their hand down and whomever is first to slam, gets those cards and any cards below them.

The second pattern is the SLAMWICH. Which consists of 2 of the same card separated by another card. (i.e. Jam, hot dog, Jam) making a little card "sandwich".

As well, cards with a number in the corner are "Muncher" cards and whomever lays these cards is the muncher, the player to the left of the "muncher" has to lay the number of cards indicated on the "Muncher" card. 1,2 or 3. If no pattern or other special card is played / noticed or interrupts gameplay the "muncher" gets those cards and any cards below them.

Also, Cards with a robber running away are "Thief" cards. Any player can slam down on this but also has to say "STOP! THIEF" this can cause a lot of fun and confusion because if two players slam down on the card even though one has their hand down first, it will be the player to say "STOP! THIEF!" that will claim the card and any cards below it.

Playing this with my daughter or adults, everyone gets a chuckle out of slamming or mistakenly slamming the table. The loud boisterous nature of the game is a great ice breaker too! The game length can vary wildly, so setting a 10 minute limit would be advised, at which point the player with the most amount of cards will win.

Give it a try, may not be the best thing for any of you hard core gamers out there, but its great for a quick, loud and physical game

SLAMWICH

Component Quality - 6/10
Gameplay - 8/10
Strategy - 7/10
Theme - 5/10
Kid friendly - 10/10

Overall - 8/10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.