Kyle McWhorter
msg tools
mb
So I have been looking online to try and find a site that has this expansion for sell and with no luck I can't find anything. I found it on amazon.com for 60$ for some reason, and even ebay doesn't have anything for it.So does anyone know of where I can buy this in the USA?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiner Dr. Düren
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The fishermen are part of Traders & Barbarians.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pueblo
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedPiranha wrote:

True, there is also a standalone release of it. I think I have it somewhere still.

/me goes off to rummage through collection
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel West
United States
Springfield
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dopehatman wrote:
RedPiranha wrote:

True, there is also a standalone release of it. I think I have it somewhere still.

/me goes off to rummage through collection
Mayfair effectively stopped producing those though when Traders and Barbarians came out. With that said, the version with T&B is nice because it also includes a lake to replace the desert hex. I personally bought Fishermen and a few other small modules before T&B came out, so the big expansion wasn't worth it to me because I already had half of it by then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Gumby
Australia
Taree
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Try www.milsims.com.au

They have it in stock but I am not sure where they ship to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Shoot
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
SHDShadow wrote:
So I have been looking online to try and find a site that has this expansion for sell and with no luck I can't find anything. I found it on amazon.com for 60$ for some reason, and even ebay doesn't have anything for it.So does anyone know of where I can buy this in the USA?

A VERY good question... and I don't know why things like these sometimes go for a fortune on Amazon. Does anybody really spend $60 for ONE piece of cardboard??? But I digress...

The poster above gives you the best advice, get Traders and Barbarians if you must have it. And you get the other goodies as well.

I haven't played all the scenarios offered in T & B but I sure like the Fishermen.

And if that's all you want, I think you can play that scenario without the cool bits. If you have any 5-6 player extensions with extra numbers you can use those and place them in the sea hex where you want it to apply. Just remember that only the three "corners" (for lack of a better word) are where fishing can be done.

The only other issue is to keep track of how much fish you "get" and you can easily improvise something to stand for the 1, 2 or 3 fish you get.

Oh, and don't forget the most important part. We always have to pass the rule sheet around to remember how to spend them!!

Enjoy!

Oh, one more thing. About the "lake" mentioned above. Do you have Seafarers by any chance? Simply use a water tile. We always add "lakes" for variety of landscape! Or simply turn another land tile over, which in the 4th edition, is blue on the back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corlath Damar
msg tools
house14 wrote:
Does anybody really spend $60 for ONE piece of cardboard???

Nah man, that's ridiculous:

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/entertainment-arti...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Shoot
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
musenji wrote:
house14 wrote:
Does anybody really spend $60 for ONE piece of cardboard???

Nah man, that's ridiculous:

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/entertainment-arti...

Wow. Some people really do have too much money, I guess.

(NB: NOT a political statement Don't get me wrong... )

But I guess the market is the market! Lucky the guy who sold it!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
I downloaded the images and made my own until T&B came out. whistle

Now I never use Fishermen unless playing 2 player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.