Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little unsure of which cards to take out of play once you've selected your Vile Organisation e.g. from the Villan Action deck.

For example when a card says to roll for a Randon Villian do you select from both Vile Orgnaisations or only the one you're playing (in Co-op)? I know the rules say to select from the Villians on the board and waiting to be deployed but do you also include the other Villians? In other words, can you have Nazi soldiers and Villians in play when using the Mob?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
I'm a little unsure of which cards to take out of play once you've selected your Vile Organisation e.g. from the Villan Action deck.

For example when a card says to roll for a Randon Villian do you select from both Vile Orgnaisations or only the one you're playing (in Co-op)? I know the rules say to select from the Villians on the board and waiting to be deployed but do you also include the other Villians? In other words, can you have Nazi soldiers and Villians in play when using the Mob?

Only one Vile Organization at a time and the number of villains available depends on the number of players/heroes. The first villain randomly drawn is place on the board at the location containing the highest valued artifact and the other villain(s) are placed on their villain card waiting to be deployed.
* In the files section for Fortune and Glory there are some great summary sheets to help you understand and play the game. I used them the last time I played and they were of great help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Potter
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
You don't remove any cards from the Vile Events deck, and yes, you can have henchmen from multiple organizations in play. Mobsters go to cities, Nazi soldiers into land spaces, so there's no clash. The only time it's an issue is with Nazi occupation, in which case, whichever happens first - mobster or occupation - takes precedence.

If a card says to select a Random Villain, you choose from all Villains not in play, regardless of organization. Only if the card specifies Nazi or Mob Villain do you limit by faction. It's important to note that if a Random Villain is brought in for a fight or adventure, it leaves the game again after that fight or adventure is over. Only the Villains initially selected (according to number of players) stay in play the entire game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HarrierPotter wrote:
You don't remove any cards from the Vile Events deck, and yes, you can have henchmen from multiple organizations in play. Mobsters go to cities, Nazi soldiers into land spaces, so there's no clash. The only time it's an issue is with Nazi occupation, in which case, whichever happens first - mobster or occupation - takes precedence.

If a card says to select a Random Villain, you choose from all Villains not in play, regardless of organization. Only if the card specifies Nazi or Mob Villain do you limit by faction. It's important to note that if a Random Villain is brought in for a fight or adventure, it leaves the game again after that fight or adventure is over. Only the Villains initially selected (according to number of players) stay in play the entire game.

That's everything I was looking for. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lawton
United States
La Crosse
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HarrierPotter wrote:

OK I understand the whole part about selecting a Random Villain. Here is my question that is kind of an extension of that whole process.

I am playing a Coop game with the Nazi as the Vile Organization. During an adventure I drew the Agent of Evil danger card. I randomly choose a villain from the ones not in play and drew a Mobster. I miss my sneak roll and had to battle the Villain(the Mobster) for 1 round. I took 2 damage and the Villain took 1 damage. Neither of us were KO'd. So since I missed my sneak roll and was not KO'd, I had to go to the Cliff Hanger of the Agents of Evil Danger, which ends my turn.
(i'm in the middle of playing, so here is my real question)
If during the Villain phase the Mobster searches and finds the Artifact/Treasure, does the Artifact go to the Nazi collection of Artifacts/Treasures and increase the Villain track by 2, or is the Artifact/Treasure just removed from play, essentially denying both the Hero's and/or Villains(the Nazi) from collecting it.

Anyone following me, and can help answer this question?
Thanks
Megahex

edited for grammar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. On the one hand you can only have one Vile Organisation so any Artefacts can only go to them. On the other you can have Villians from both organisations in play at the same time (as in your example) so is it the Villian who gets the Artefact - in which case the Mob benefits and not the Nazis so the artefact is removed from play without the 2 points on the tracker.

One point: if you survived the 1 fight round with the Mobster Villian and were not KO's, doesn't that count as passing the danger (as it's a fight) and you can Press On rather than go to the Cliffhanger? Of course the Villian remains for further Sneak tests.

Haven't got the AoE card in front of me so apologies if the card text clarifies the point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lawton
United States
La Crosse
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the AoE card does say that if you loose the fight you go to the Cliffhanger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Megahex wrote:
I believe the AoE card does say that if you loose the fight you go to the Cliffhanger.

I think the question was about what happens to the Artefact if found whilst the Hero is waiting for their next turn to resolve the Cliffhanger? Does it go to the Vile Organisation in play, or the one represented by the Villian who finds the artefact?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
Megahex wrote:
I believe the AoE card does say that if you lose the fight you go to the Cliffhanger.

I think the question was about what happens to the Artefact if found whilst the Hero is waiting for their next turn to resolve the Cliffhanger? Does it go to the Vile Organisation in play, or the one represented by the Villian who finds the artefact?

The artefact is collected by the Vile Organization in play ONLY if it's one of its Villains that gets it. Otherwise the artifact is just removed from the game.

Also, the card states the danger is failed if you fail to sneak, not if you lose the fight.

Finally, when asked to select a random Villain, roll between all Villains (of any faction), omitting those on the map and those not Ready (i.e. KO'd or Delayed). Think of the Villains from the other organizations as "Guest Stars". When asked for a random Active Villain, the process is the same except that you consider only the Villains belonging to the Vile Organization (which means that sometimes there won't be any candidates).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.