G.W.
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kick the fun up a notch and use CMBN on the computer to fight out some of your Operation Dauntless battles in 3D tactical level!

I've made a photorealistic CMBN map that covers the E-W area between the Op Dauntless left mapedge and hex column xx08, and the N-S area between hexrow xx08 and hexrow xx14.

Take a virtual tour here:
http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=109570

Even if you don't play CMBN, these 3D views of the terrain and features will enhance your understanding of the boardgame map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Cochrane
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Broadsword

love your work, I'm a retired officer of the modern day Tyneside Scottish and was lucky enough to tour the battlefield in 2004 with a number of veterans and the author of Breaking the Panzers, many of the hedges were much bigger in 1944 and it was more heavily wooded then too. The differences in elevation near Fontney are much more pronounced than appear on the map, for instance the stream running directly south from Fontney has convex slopes, so you can't see the stream bed until you are almost getting your feet wet.

Conversly the 110 ring feature is almost imperceptible, but critically for the AT guns of 1TS allowed them to remain out of sight until the Panzers were
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Cochrane
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
continued

the AT Guns were on a very slight reverse slope and used it to great advantage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G.W.
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
(Bump and update)

Since everyone is waiting for their game delivery, here's an updated link to the 3D map I made of the Op Dauntless battlefield (well, most of it anyway) as free downloadable content for Battlefront's computer tactical game "Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy":

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/108466-photorealistic...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.