Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ahmad Lokman Ishak
Malaysia
JERTEH
TERENGGANU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The brown cards I have got a few white spots on it. In a game where you need to bluff to win, this is taking the fun away because players are learning to look for the white spots to know whether the card is bad or not.

Does anyone has the same problem as mine? What should I do? I do not want to use colored sleeve and clear sleeving would surely not making the problem in hand solved, moreover there is no suitable sleeve size at my FGLS to begin with.

Could I get replacement cards from the publisher? There are only three cards, I would not mind to pay a little amount of money to get the replacement because the swhite spots are ruining such a great game!

If not for the white spots, this game will always be my choice of filler in every gaming session. As it is now, the game is only good with two player where the brown cards are not needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Burbach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is always a concern with this type of game. I have a copy of Love Letter and the princess card has become worn in such a way that it can be identified from its back. It's cheap enough that I'm just going to buy another copy. Sleeves are the only alternative that I've thought of. Getting a replacement card probably wouldn't help much for me because it would stand out amongst the worn cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would write to the publisher.

Other publishers have replaced cards for me when they have been marred like this - especially for games in which everyone stares at the backs of the cards.

Once you get replacements, you can put clear sleeves on them all. See here for information on what sleeves fit and where you might get them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmad Lokman Ishak
Malaysia
JERTEH
TERENGGANU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gillum wrote:
I would write to the publisher.

Other publishers have replaced cards for me when they have been marred like this - especially for games in which everyone stares at the backs of the cards.

Once you get replacements, you can put clear sleeves on them all. See here for information on what sleeves fit and where you might get them.

Is there any other way than posting a message at the publisher's page? I posted a message yesterday, and the page is in French, but I think I did all correct. Still waiting for their answer but wondering whether I could get to anyone from the publisher here in BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.