Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was happy with my purchase until I saw the other thread in this forum. I have purchased both versions of the boardgame (great game!!!) and have also got two copies of the PC game (for me and a friend).

I have now discovered that the US gamers are receiving with their orders a DVD (not a big problem, but the principle) and also a discount for existing owners of the boardgames. That's great..... unless you're from Europe, who don't have the option of a discount.

Do DOW consider the US to be a more important market than Europe?

Sorry for starting a negative thread as I am really enjoying the game.

Peace

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
James,

The DVD in French and German is currently in production. Since Ticket to Ride PC was available in Europe before the English DVD & PC game came to life, the European version could not include it!

Once the European (French + German + English) DVD is ready in Europe, the plan is to incorporate it in all of our boardgames in Europe, so you should easily find a copy. If not, we will be happy to send you a complimentary copy.

Eric @ DoW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric,

Thanks for the reply. I look forward to picking up the DVD one way or another.

My main concern was the discount. Not that 7-8 euros ($10) is a huge problem, it's more the perception. It's been mentioned at my game group by a couple of gamers. My French isn't great but I get the gist of conversations.

DOW have been well supported by gamers here and it seems like an oversight not to offer these gestures to a loyal fanbase.

Once again, thanks for the reply. Looking forward to The Marklin Edition.

Peace

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.