Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Sekela
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would appreciate clarification on two points under "Battles versus Other Heroes/Hero Advancement" at the bottom of p. 15:

1) "If the winning player chooses a Skill Card, he follows all rules for gaining new Skill Cards as described in the Experience Points and Hero Advancement section."

So does this mean the victorious player in PvP combat automatically gets a new Skill Card? What does it mean by "if the player chooses"? What choice other than a Skill Card is available?

2) "As all artefacts are worth 1 PP, both players should update their PP Tracks accordingly."

This is the only place I saw where it says artefacts are worth 1 PP. Is this rule also somewhere else and I missed it? (I assume that rule is correct, and they are in fact worth 1 PP.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Johnson
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sekelaa wrote:
I would appreciate clarification on two points under "Battles versus Other Heroes/Hero Advancement" at the bottom of p. 15:

1) "If the winning player chooses a Skill Card, he follows all rules for gaining new Skill Cards as described in the Experience Points and Hero Advancement section."

So does this mean the victorious player in PvP combat automatically gets a new Skill Card? What does it mean by "if the player chooses"? What choice other than a Skill Card is available?

If you win against another player's hero you can either: Gain a new skill OR steal an artifact from that hero AND take control of all places within the defeated hero's control zone he guarded.

After checking BOTH versions of the rulebook to find the quote, I found this important sentence is OMITTED in the English version of the rulebook for some reason. (Should have been on page 15 right before "Hero advancement)

sekelaa wrote:

2) "As all artefacts are worth 1 PP, both players should update their PP Tracks accordingly."

This is the only place I saw where it says artefacts are worth 1 PP. Is this rule also somewhere else and I missed it? (I assume that rule is correct, and they are in fact worth 1 PP.)

Yes, p20. Sadly the rulebook isn't too great in that aspect, since rules on some cards are divided between the very beginning, where are components are explained and the end of the rulebook, where they are explained in more detail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sekela
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the prompt answers! Very helpful. Yeah, I completely overlooked that section on p. 20 about Artefacts.

Overall, I think the English version of the rulebook is relatively well done. Much better than for some games by native English speakers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.