M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I will go through all the missions in this expansion and see if I can beat each and every one of them. I will move on to the next mission once I have beaten the one at hand.

I will try to log as many details as possible whilst keeping it nice and succinct. Should you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I can add any information you want for future sessions.

SHORT SCENARIOS

Scenario 1 - Tom Hat

- 1st game: insta loss
- 2nd game: SILVER - 13 pineapple and 5 money left - one action short
- 3rd game: SILVER - 11 pineapples, no money left
- 4th game: rebel win at start of turn 4 (would've ended on 11)
- 5th game: GOLD - 14 pineapples, 7 money, 4 progress cards - used Missionary

Scenario 2 - Guillermo Liere

- 1st game: rebel win in turn 3 with 19 money
- 2nd game: rebel win in turn 2 with 15 money
- 3rd game: SILVER - 60 money in turn 5
- 4th game: insta loss
- 5th game: insta loss
- 6th game: SILVER - 60 money after two actions in the fourth turn with 3 progress cards
- 7th game: rebel win in turn 3
- 8th game: GOLD - 60 money after three actions in third turn (2 progress cards, used Irrigation Canals and Local Commerce)

Scenario 3 - Edmond Taniar

*** not played yet

Scenario 4 - Barbe Bleu

*** not played yet

Scenario 5 - Marley du Calumet

*** not played yet

Scenario 6 - Duc de Rochefer

- 1st game: insta loss
- 2nd game: SILVER - 15 stone and iron (used Merchant and Iron Mine - slow game)
- 3rd game: SILVER - 14 stone and iron (cash flow problem - used Merchant and Iron Mine again)
- 4th game: SILVER - 17 stone and iron (cash flow problem - used Quarry)
- 5th game: SILVER - 17 stone and iron (good use of harbor but unlucky - used Missionary and Export)
- 6th game: SILVER - 17 stone and iron (cash flow problem once again - used Expansionism)
- 7th game: rebel win - 8 stone and iron, end of turn 3
- 8th game: SILVER - 16 stone and iron (used Scout)
- 9th game: SILVER - 15 stone and iron (bought a Market - used Scout, Minister of Labor, Education)
- 10th game: SILVER - 18 stone and iron (one action short - used Iron Mine once)
- 11st game: insta loss
- 12th game: insta loss
- 13th game: SILVER - 16 stone and iron (used the market well, but didnt find enough iron - used Ministry and Education)
- 14th game: insta loss
- 15th game: insta loss
- 16th game: insta loss
- 17th game: SILVER - 15 stone and iron (got the market too late - used Missionary, Scout, Quarry)
- 18th game: SILVER - 15 stone and iron (money issues - used Missionary, Explorer, Local Commerce)
- 19th game: rebel loss at start of turn 2
- 20th game: rebel loss at end of turn 4
- 21st game: GOLD - 20 stone and iron (ended in turn 6, after use of the Assassin - only used once but could've used more often - also used Amphitheater and Minister of Agriculture)

Scenario 7 - Justin Timberman

- 1st game: SILVER - 11 wood (used Minister of Labor)
- 2nd game: GOLD - 13 wood (used Minister of Labor)

Scenario 8 - haven't played yet

Scenario 9 - Robinson Crusoe

1. Loss to instant rebellion
2. Loss to instant rebellion
3. Loss to instant rebellion
4. Loss to Round 3 rebellion
5. Win in Round 6 with 7 money (Bronze!)
6. Loss to end of Round 1 rebellion
7. Loss to Round 6 rebellion (8 money with Assassin)
8. Loss to Round 3 rebellion
---removed cards with direct interaction between players: Pirate, Queen, King, Spy, Thief---
9. Loss to instant rebellion
10. Loss to instant rebellion
11. Loss to Round 2 rebellion
---remember I can sell to external market as well---
12. Win in Round 6 with 29 money (Bronze)
13. Loss to end of Round 1 rebellion
14. Loss to start of Round 6 rebellion (27 money)
15. Loss to start of Round 5 rebellion (18 money)
16. Loss to instant rebellion
17. Loss to start of Round 3 rebellion (6 money)
18. Win in Round 6 with 37 money (Bronze)
---realized I can build boats whether I have a boat or not!---
19. Loss to start of Round 2 rebellion (1 money)
20. Loss to Round 6 rebellion (24 money)
21. Loss to Round 3 rebellion (2 money)
22. Loss to end of Round 1 rebellion
23. Loss to start of Round 3 rebellion (4 money)
24. Loss to start of Round 3 rebellion (4 money)
25. Loss to end of Round 1 rebellion
26. Loss to start of Round 3 rebellion (3 money)
27. Win in Round 6 with 47 money (Silver) (used Sawmill then Merchant to sell 9 wood)
28. Loss to rebellion at start of Round 4 (2money)
29. Instant loss
30. Win with 58 money (Silver) (Amphitheater, Local Commerce)
31. Loss to rebellion at start of Round 3
32. Win with 58 money (Silver) (Amphitheater, Shipbuilding, Explorer)
33. Loss to rebellion at start of Round 5 (14 money)
34. Loss to rebellion at start of Round 5 (12 money)
35. Loss to rebellion at start of Round 6 (25 money)
36. GOLD - Win with 104 money (Gold!) (Assassin 5x, Architecture, Peace and Prosperity)

EDIT: ordered the scenarios - I didn't realize I was playing them out of order...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally ran into a mission that is actually hard (harsh?!?). Duc de Rochefer took some creative accounting to complete, with me trying out the assassin (I hadn't opted for him before). It was a walk in the park with the assassin. So often did I end up with just one action needed to complete the mission - the action I was short in other missions was easily made up for by the assassin, giving me two more (though of course I did have to have the cash to splash on him).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
After a bit of a hiatus I am back and my rules knowledge went down the drain. Played Scenario 9, Robinson Crusoe 27 times to get Silver, but I forgot first that I could also sell to the external market without a harbor. Then later I found out I could make a ship without a harbor - I was playing without (real hardcore, you should try it - or maybe not...).

Also, I came up with something that has irked me from the get-go about the Evolution cards. There are cards that are purely for interaction between players, namely:

- King
- Queen
- Thief
- Spy
- Pirate

I would advocate leaving them out for the solo game. There might be a balance issue, since there is also the card back (or front) to take into consideration. If this worries you, I would simply replace any of these five cards should they be turned over into the row.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
After 36 tries and quite some games played with the rules wrong, I finally beat Robinson Crusoe. Notch it up to another Assassin win...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorben Blöcker
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
How to use the assassin in a solo game ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
drbotho wrote:
How to use the assassin in a solo game ?

You can also kill one of your own characters, effectively giving yourself another turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe C Faust
United States
Hartville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Mjeh wrote:
Also, I came up with something that has irked me from the get-go about the Evolution cards. There are cards that are purely for interaction between players, namely:

- King
- Queen
- Thief
- Spy
- Pirate

I would advocate leaving them out for the solo game. There might be a balance issue, since there is also the card back (or front) to take into consideration. If this worries you, I would simply replace any of these five cards should they be turned over into the row.

Nice thought, but I would keep them in. With rotating two cards per turn after a purchase, you're going to need something to turn that you don't mind losing when you're trying to keep those Red Crises away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
boddekker wrote:
Mr Mjeh wrote:

- King
- Queen
- Thief
- Spy
- Pirate

Nice thought, but I would keep them in. With rotating two cards per turn after a purchase, you're going to need something to turn that you don't mind losing when you're trying to keep those Red Crises away.

There's way more than those few cards you won't mind losing, though. The necessary cards are only few for each scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.