Popular Tags: [View All]
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Consider the following situations.
1. What happen to a Shaper player if she is playing against Jintekiersonal Evolution
Runner has FOUR cards in hand.
Run the R&D using The Maker's Eye.
Encounter Snare and effect is activated by the Corp; thrash 3 cards from hand and get a tag.
Encounter 1 agenda, steal it and suffer 1 net damage from Jinteki's identity. No more cards in hand.
Later encounter another agenda and suffer another 1 net damage. Runner is flatlined.

Question: Under this scenario, does the runner still get the second agenda as he is flatlined? Does the effect of net damage occur first before the Runner can steal it? This is important for the the Runner as he may still need the acquired agenda point to determine how many agenda points he gets.

As I read Jinteki: Personal Evolution card that the 1 net damage occur when the agenda is stolen. Which mean the runner can still keep the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope it's not a Fetal AI, that would kill you just on accessing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Bazynski
Poland
Warsaw
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
Yes, first the runner steals agenda then the ability triggers. So if the runner gets his 7th agenda point the game ends before the damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
bazyn wrote:
Yes, first the runner steals agenda then the ability triggers. So if the runner gets his 7th agenda point the game ends before the damage.

Fetal AI would still flatline him before winning... Sure the ID wouldn't go off for the 1 net damage, but Fetal's 2 net damage would.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Bazynski
Poland
Warsaw
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:
bazyn wrote:

Fetal AI would still flatline him before winning... Sure the ID wouldn't go off for the 1 net damage, but Fetal's 2 net damage would.

Yes. But that was not the question
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes, I stand corrected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if it is Fetal AI, does this mean the Runner would not be able to score it because the damage from the card take into effect before it can be stolen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Bazynski
Poland
Warsaw
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
Yes. Accessing is before stealing Also, just in case, the two damage happens even if the runner does not steal Fetal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Benzein
Sweden
Sollentuna
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question on jinteki: PE.

If you encounter Noise and there are several agendas in the heap, does he access them one at a time?
And does he have a choice how many agendas to steal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ilza wrote:
Another question on jinteki: PE.

If you encounter Noise and there are several agendas in Archivesthe heap, does he access them one at a time?
And does he have a choice how many agendas to steal?

He must steal them all, one at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Question on Jinteki Personal Evolution
I don't think it matters what agenda or how many agendas are in the Archive because Fetal AI's effect will not be activated if it is in the Archive. It only damages you if you encounter Fetal AI in the R&D, HQ and Remote Server.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Bazynski
Poland
Warsaw
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
brighknight_216 wrote:
I don't think it matters what agenda or how many agendas are in the Archive because Fetal AI's effect will not be activated if it is in the Archive. It only damages you if you encounter Fetal AI in the R&D, HQ and Remote Server.

But Personal Evolution does trigger. So if you access archives with two cards in hand, find three agendas for 2 points each (you had none before) then you would die. DIE I tell you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bazyn wrote:
brighknight_216 wrote:

But Personal Evolution does trigger. So if you access archives with two cards in hand, find three agendas for 2 points each (you had none before) then you would die. DIE I tell you.

Wow, never thought about that. I must be careful when I am using Anarch: Noise to play against Jinteki: PE the next time and make sure that I have enough cards in hand before I run the archive after trashing my opponent's cards from the R&D with my virus. Thanks for telling me this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Larner
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
There is a potential issue with access order also. So for example, say I run Archives with 1 card in hand, and I find 2 1-point agendas and a 3-point agenda. If I have 4 agenda points currently, the order I access those agendas becomes crucial (if I access the 1-point ones first, I flatline, whereas if I access the 3-point one first I win the game).

From looking at the rules again, it seems like the runner can look at all the cards, and then decide what order to access them in, so the game favours the runner in this situation, but it's worth bearing in mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jadiel wrote:

From looking at the rules again, it seems like the runner can look at all the cards, and then decide what order to access them in, so the game favours the runner in this situation, but it's worth bearing in mind.

Just want to clarify when you said that the runner can decide the order of the card in which he accesses but don't you think that the runner needs to go through the cards one-by-one turning them face-up individually. Therefore, the runner can still face the risk of being flatlined before he get the agenda score he wants.

It will be unfair for the runner to turn all the cards face-up simultaneously and then decide which order the cards he wants to access.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Moore
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's ambiguous enough that it will require clarification, if it hasn't already been given somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Keys
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Interrupt.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brighknight_216 wrote:
Jadiel wrote:

Just want to clarify when you said that the runner can decide the order of the card in which he accesses but don't you think that the runner needs to go through the cards one-by-one turning them face-up individually. Therefore, the runner can still face the risk of being flatlined before he get the agenda score he wants.

It will be unfair for the runner to turn all the cards face-up simultaneously and then decide which order the cards he wants to access.

Just to be clear, it is only for Archives where the Runner gets to turn all cards face-up then choose the order. If he accesses a remote, he must choose without looking.

Keep in mind that there is no way for the Runner to know which cards are which when they are face down in Archives, and that the Corporation is allowed to look through and rearrange cards in Archives at any time. If the Runner had to access these one at a time in order, then Jinteki Personal Evolution could guarantee a flat-line by rearranging face down agendas in the situation mentioned above. This is not even a remotely fair situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Niil945 wrote:
I think it's ambiguous enough that it will require clarification, if it hasn't already been given somewhere.

It has been clarified in the updated rule book.

Quote:
Archives: The Runner accesses all cards in Archives and any upgrades in its root. The Runner turns all cards faceup before accessing them, and does not need to keep them in order. The Runner steals all agendas in Archives and cannot trash cards that are already in Archives. After accessing Archives, all cards in Archives return to Archives faceup.

But as someone else said, this only applies to Archives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Moore
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Butaman551 wrote:
It has been clarified in the updated rule book.

But as someone else said, this only applies to Archives.

Ah well then there we go. In light of Jinteki core identity it makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.