Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Jamieson
United States
Purcellville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This came up during rahdo's excellent video review. The remove legions objectives that have immediate effect are they simply remove from an objective or remove from your pool of legions. If it's the former and you need to remove two do they have to be from the same objective or can they be different objectives?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jim !

You have ro remove legions from your objective cards, amd these legions come back into your pool.

when you must remove 2 legions, you are allowed to take them on 2 difrent objective cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jamieson
United States
Purcellville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Saccenti
United States
Colora
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruno des Montagnes wrote:
Hi Jim !

You have ro remove legions from your objective cards, amd these legions come back into your pool.

when you must remove 2 legions, you are allowed to take them on 2 difrent objective cards

Well...hmm. Okay. I certainly can't argue with the source.

But that makes these "attacks" pretty weak. Losing one legion from your 7 available would be a real attack. I suppose losing two would be way overpowered. But losing one single legion of your choice worth of progress seems almost too little to even bother with.

UPDATE: Don't argue with this source blush
A couple more plays and I realize that eliminating the legions would be way overpowered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep I played that they are removed completely (I assumed that it worked the opposite to gain one or two legions).

Man that game was tough.....

On a side note, does it clarify anywhere that once you have declared Ave Caeser, than that region is safe from attack? Rahdo mentioned that in his video, but I don't remember seeing it in the rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilias Sellountos
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRiddler1976 wrote:
On a side note, does it clarify anywhere that once you have declared Ave Caeser, than that region is safe from attack? Rahdo mentioned that in his video, but I don't remember seeing it in the rules

Definitely in the English rules. It is there. Not sure about other languages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm that it is in the german rules too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle X
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
ciggie wrote:
This came up during rahdo's excellent video review. The remove legions objectives that have immediate effect are they simply remove from an objective or remove from your pool of legions. If it's the former and you need to remove two do they have to be from the same objective or can they be different objectives?

I had this same comment and thoughts as other posters. It seems confusing since for these it only says, "remove one/two legion(s)." Where as the one with more says, "remove all legions from an objective." The others could have been more clearly stated as, "remove a legion from an objective." However, after playing with removing one from your pool in a two player game it still worked only having six, but if they were to get remove the two twice you would not be able to complete most objectives, making it seem fairly clear this is not the way to go.

That said, don't these bonuses seem very weak and given the low point value on the cards make them seem not worth the effort, especially since they get to choose which legion(s) are removed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
haebooty wrote:
That said, don't these bonuses seem very weak and given the low point value on the cards make them seem not worth the effort, especially since they get to choose which legion(s) are removed?

I'm inclined to agree. I've posted a new thread for discussion of this in the strategy forum here :

Red conflict objectives: underpowered?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ross
Scotland
Motherwell
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops, I played it today and we thought that it meant you eliminated a legion. Oddly enough, one of the players who got her forces absolutely destroyed still went on to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.