8 Posts

Zombie in my Pocket» Forums » Rules

Subject: Doubts regarding kitchen/garden, zombie door and gasoline rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ahknoth Skinstad
Chile
flag msg tools
First post ever on bgg. Also, thanks for such a good and simple game.
I got a couple of questions regarding the game:
-To get the health from Kitchen/Garden, you need to begin AND end the turn on the room? Or just ending it there will get you health (ie. I run from zombies into the kitchen)?

-When you have to use a zombie door:
*Does the attack happen in the same previous turn, specifically, after the resolving of a card and before cowering? Can you cower immediately after the attack in the same turn?
*Do you have to align it with a door or with a wall of the next room, or both? In case of wall, what about rooms with 4 doors?

-Say, I got a chainsaw with no uses left, and gasoline (I wanted to keep it that way in case I got a machete, or a candle), and I am attacked by zombies. Can I combine the two items and then use the chainsaw against the zombies? Or am I forced to run/fight barehand?

Many thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the BGG and the game.

1: No. You only need to end the turn there.

2: The 3 zombies attack immediately. You may not cower.

3: No need to align since they came through a wall.

4: you can use the gasoline and the item on the spot. You cant do both chainsaw and candle at once though. So choose one and go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Fletcher
United States
Marion
OH: OHIO
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Omega2064 wrote:
2: The 3 zombies attack immediately. You may not cower.

Small issue: He asked if you can cower just after they attack, or if your chance to do so that turn is gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the cowering rules you can cower once the tile is clear so you can indeed cower after the wall busting. But not before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahknoth Skinstad
Chile
flag msg tools
Many thanks
I love this game.
Yesterday it was a friend's birthday, and I crafted for him the VHS size version, everything handmade, including the box and the laminating. He loved it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Omega2064 wrote:
4: you can use the gasoline and the item on the spot. You cant do both chainsaw and candle at once though. So choose one and go.

I suppose that, with the two item carry limit, it's technically not possible to hold the chainsaw, candle and gasoline all at once anyway... Unless I'm looking at an old/new revision of the rules?

That aside, I'm pretty new to this too, and have question about zombie walls as well; does this take the place of drawing a Development card, or is this an additional battle that happens before that? I've been playing it as the former, and it seems tough enough that way, but maybe I just haven't got the hang of it yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No. You do not draw a new event card.

You make your move and resolve it as normal. Tile + event.
Discover you have hit an impasse.
3 zombies bash through and you fight them.
Round ends and next turn you can explore through one of the walls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sly Fin
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
The battle takes place after drawing an event card like normal. It does not take the place of an event-card. The rules state about a dead-end "When this happens, 3 Zombies open a doorway in the wall of your choice in the room you're currently in, after all other events in the room have been resolved." laugh I hope you're enjoying the game! I just read through all of the rules and updates to the rules and am very excited to play it for the first time!

The only thing not explicitly stated by the rules is whether every item disappears or stays held onto once used. For example, I can only assume that filling the chain saw with gasoline causes the gasoline to then be discarded. Actually, it seems that this is what is heavily implied as the chainsaw can hold infinite fuel. If you were to keep filling up the chainsaw you would have to discard the old gasoline in place of a new one since you can only carry 2 items. I assume also that cola is a consumable that can be held onto but disappears once drunk and that all weapons can be used multiple times with no limit as long as they are held onto. Finally, I would think that if you were full on items carrying cola and gained a new item you would then be able to drink the cola to make room for the new item instead of being forced to discard it or discard the other item already being carried.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.