Subject: Artwork on the cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zawadi Svela
Norway
Skjetten
flag msg tools
mbmb
Does anyone know if the final cards will have pictures of miniatures or drawn artwork?
It seems like the former from pictures on the kickstarter, but I notice that they have some really cool artwork as well, which, in my opinion, would look a lot better on the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Thornton
United Kingdom
Wallsend
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
The last plan I heard was to use photos of the miniatures so that they were instantly recognisable, but the designs aren't finalised yet.

There are other options including using art, or using art for the veteran versions and photos for the normal ones to make them easily distinguishable at a glance.

I expect that more designs will be uploaded as we go through the KS and get more of the graphics done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zawadi Svela
Norway
Skjetten
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quirkworthy wrote:
The last plan I heard was to use photos of the miniatures so that they were instantly recognisable, but the designs aren't finalised yet.

There are other options including using art, or using art for the veteran versions and photos for the normal ones to make them easily distinguishable at a glance.

I expect that more designs will be uploaded as we go through the KS and get more of the graphics done.

Personally I would be happy with either art or photographs as I don't think they'd be any more difficult to distinguish if they were the former but I would not like them to be mixed between art and photographs as I like consistency! That's just my two cents though if it counts for anything!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Thornton
United Kingdom
Wallsend
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I agree that a mixture can look a bit messy. On the other hand, if the choice of art or photo was part of the information on the card (art indicating an upgraded stat line) then I think that would work too. YMMV and we may not do it anyway. Just kicking around thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quirkworthy wrote:
I agree that a mixture can look a bit messy. On the other hand, if the choice of art or photo was part of the information on the card (art indicating an upgraded stat line) then I think that would work too. YMMV and we may not do it anyway. Just kicking around thoughts.

I think whatever you do you'll never please everybody! Some people prefer art, some photos, and some a mix. Some like me don't mind whether there's art or photos as long as there's consistency whereas others would prefer the visual difference that you suggest. Basically you're never going to win whatever you guys decide (!) but as long as the game itself is ace we'll all be happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.