Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
* The optional PRR 10 station token (V-7.5), that's only used for the 1830+ scenarios, correct? And, since the rules say "may use its home station as a city", can PRR choose to drive past and not use it? Also, does the optional token replace one of the normal four, or is it in addition to them (replacing the normal home station token)?

* The Level Playing Field scenario (S-1.0) mentions that "all station tokens cost $100" (similar wordings can be found in other scenarios). Is that all including the home station, or all except the home station?

* The rules say to place the share value token at the time the president's certificate is bought (5.2), which can be before the company floats - i assume that means "immediately when that certificate is bought"? (Asking because I was taught differently and want to double-check.) If the company doesn't float after that stock round, will its value keep plummeting (towards the left) until it floats due to no dividends paid each operation round?

* I can imagine situations where a player would be forced to sell shares because of a forced train purchase (C-2.3.2), when there are already five shares of that company in the bank (bank pool limit, 5.3). What happens? (I assume he can't sell them.)

* The errata PDF talks of "The Detroit/Windsor hex (D10)", when D10 is Toronto/Hamilton and Detroit/Windsor is E5, which is also what 30l shows. Looks like it's E5 the errata wants to be talking about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To the best of my knowledge and/or experience with a recent play of "The Level Playing Field"

haslo wrote:
* The optional PRR 10 station token (V-7.5), that's only used for the 1830+ scenarios, correct?
Correct.

Quote:
And, since the rules say "may use its home station as a city", can PRR choose to drive past and not use it?
Correct.

Quote:
Also, does the optional token replace one of the normal four, or is it in addition to them (replacing the normal home station token)?
It is in addition.

Quote:
* The Level Playing Field scenario (S-1.0) mentions that "all station tokens cost $100" (similar wordings can be found in other scenarios). Is that all including the home station, or all except the home station?
The rules do not specify that the home station is exempt from this cost. Notwithstanding, I played it as though the first token was free, but only because it seemed too financially onerous on a company to pay such a high price for the home token and still buy a train.

Quote:
* The rules say to place the share value token at the time the president's certificate is bought (5.2), which can be before the company floats - i assume that means "immediately when that certificate is bought"?
An odd rule but I agree with your interpretation.

Quote:
If the company doesn't float after that stock round, will its value keep plummeting (towards the left) until it floats due to no dividends paid each operation round?
I would say its share value does not fall.
Rule 7.0 says only corporations that have floated will operate. An unfloated company would not operate and therefore would not be affected by rule 5.5 which specifies that a railroad that fails to pay a dividend moves its token to the left one space.

Quote:
* I can imagine situations where a player would be forced to sell shares because of a forced train purchase (C-2.3.2), when there are already five shares of that company in the bank (bank pool limit, 5.3). What happens? (I assume he can't sell them.)
He can't sell them. He may go bankrupt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for your answers

TomAquin wrote:
Quote:

The rules do not specify that the home station is exempt from this cost. Notwithstanding, I played it as though the first token was free, but only because it seemed too financially onerous on a company to pay such a high price for the home token and still buy a train.

It might well be the intention, as the next scenario (S-2.0) has this to say about station costs: "Station token costs are standard: $40 for the 1st, $100 each for rest."

TomAquin wrote:
Quote:
* The rules say to place the share value token at the time the president's certificate is bought (5.2), which can be before the company floats - i assume that means "immediately when that certificate is bought"?

An odd rule but I agree with your interpretation.

The standard way to do things is to place the share value token when the corporation floats then, as it can't move before that anyway? That's the way I was taught that I mentioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
haslo wrote:
The standard way to do things is to place the share value token when the corporation floats then, as it can't move before that anyway? That's the way I was taught that I mentioned.

You were taught incorrectly. Stock prices can be affected by sales before a company floats. However only companies which have floated operate in ORs and have their stock prices change due to having paying a dividend or not. Unfloated companies do not operate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.