Subject: Data Hound + Hokusei Grid rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sechzger
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
i am just thinking about a Jinteki PE deck, which abuses those two cards to put even more Pressure on the Runners Stack. This deck is focusing on emptying the Runners Stack by discard.
I will run 3 Shadows, 3 Pop Ups as additional Economy.

But perhaps the Trace of Data Hound is 1 point too weak. I could add 2 Chums, so they still need to break it even when they are linked up.

What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
It could work. It would be a delicious card if it allowed you to trash a card from their grip and rearrange their stack.

Now that would be fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott West
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmb
Although Data Hound isn't the best ICE around, I think it best complements a program destruction theme. And that kinda means it's going to be most effective in HB/Weyland. I do agree about Chumming it to give it teeth, but at that point you might as well be Chumming any other piece of ICE.

I really want to like Data Hound. They just made it really hard to like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Garrett
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
The Ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. Everything else is....
mbmbmbmb
profligate wrote:
Although Data Hound isn't the best ICE around, I think it best complements a program destruction theme. And that kinda means it's going to be most effective in HB/Weyland. I do agree about Chumming it to give it teeth, but at that point you might as well be Chumming any other piece of ICE.

So Data Hound of the Baskervilles. 'Cuz like, Sherlock and stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
profligate wrote:

Whirlpool, Shadow, Shadow, Data Hound, Cell Portal, Akitaro Watanabe on the server. Trash the runner's entire deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sechzger
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, could you point out which mistake i made?
I asked a normal question and got four off topic answers.

Perhaps with the release of the new set Trace is not the best to run. Lots of people will try out the new Criminal ID and the Inside Man deck including Rabbit Holes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you use 3*Foxfire you can severely disrupt the runner's +link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
...ask 5 people on BGG, get 10 different answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott West
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ethereality wrote:
profligate wrote:

Whirlpool, Shadow, Shadow, Data Hound, Cell Portal, Akitaro Watanabe on the server. Trash the runner's entire deck.

You're not really making a case here.

recallme wrote:
Ok, could you point out which mistake i made?
I asked a normal question and got four off topic answers.

Perhaps with the release of the new set Trace is not the best to run. Lots of people will try out the new Criminal ID and the Inside Man deck including Rabbit Holes.

Sorry, I'll reparse my original response. Data Hound sucks and the more support you throw at it, the worse your whole deck will become. I'd advise against this plan if your goal is to win games against good competition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Adecla
United States
New York
flag msg tools
recallme wrote:
Hi,
i am just thinking about a Jinteki PE deck, which abuses those two cards to put even more Pressure on the Runners Stack. This deck is focusing on emptying the Runners Stack by discard.
I will run 3 Shadows, 3 Pop Ups as additional Economy.

But perhaps the Trace of Data Hound is 1 point too weak. I could add 2 Chums, so they still need to break it even when they are linked up.

What do you think?

I can dig that kind of play. You can put Data Hound on a central, or a remote with sexy assets in the back and then Chum it when the runner has the means to deal with Data Hound. The main thing is figuring out what would make the runner run a Data Hound early?

NBN has Breaking News and AstroScript. Never Advance could definitely like this card.

Jinteki though... So many of their cards are scary. Only Braintrust is a one turn score from 0 advancements. False Lead included if you want to stuff your deck with them. You have to make the runner want to run the Hound, and the issue with Jinteki is that just showing the ID means the runner is going to have to run through fiery hoops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.