Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a little trouble with the text on the Military Police Badge:

"You only need 2 different colored * (Stars) in your Final Tally to gain a Leadership RWB."

This text sounds a little ambiguous -

1 Do I need 3 dice in two colors to gain the RWB or
2 Do I need only 2 dice in two colors to gain the RWB?

Thanks for any answers meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
PzVIE wrote:

"You only need 2 different colored * (Stars) in your Final Tally to gain a Leadership RWB."

A bonus is 3 of a kind. So you still need all 3 results, they just need to be in 2 colors instead of 3 - a RRB or a WBB.

"Color" and "results" are two distinct things in DDD so if only one is addressed (color in this case) results are unaffected and remain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Brian!

IMHO the wording of the card is not entirely distinct, but it makes sense that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
PzVIE wrote:
Thanks, Brian!

IMHO the wording of the card is not entirely distinct, but it makes sense that way.

Understood. But the cards are small so we had to come up with a way to present the info. Memory is fuzzy right now but there are cards that are slightly more clear in that Color stays but the results change or results stay the same but color changes.

An RWB is a 3 of a kind. Only if something says 2 results are needed then you can drop from 3 to 2. Since results aren't spoken about here, they stay the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Davis
United States
Kennedale
Texas
flag msg tools
Here we go...
badge
Here we go...
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
PzVIE wrote:

A bonus is 3 of a kind. So you still need all 3 results, they just need to be in 2 colors instead of 3 - a RRB or a WBB.

"Color" and "results" are two distinct things in DDD so if only one is addressed (color in this case) results are unaffected and remain.

I was looking for clarification on this recently. I found two threads that contradicted each other. Please go to this thread for clarification from the designer that only two dice of different color are needed for the RWB bonus.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.