Subject: Isn't Terrifying Revelation a bit OP? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcin Mościcki
msg tools
Where is Ishtar's nipple??!
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it's a standard action and is somewhat equivalent to 60 damage, but:
1. There are cards to prevent damage, and currently there's nothing to counter arbitrary order cards,
2. For the 60 damage to translate to 3 morale loss, you would have to actually be adjacent to a creature of level 3 or higher with no more than 60 hit points remaining, which is much harder to play than simply dropping a Terrifying Revelation.

I can live with it when playing preconstructed decks because it's only one card, but I would hate to play against 4 in a deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
It's a level 6 CHA order. Unless you have a Dracolich out, you are spending *2* standard actions on it. Either way you're using up a lot of your turn just to get out 3 direct morale damage, and even if you spend the whole game playing all four copies, that isn't enough to win. It *might* be good enough to be playable in constructed (I'm not really sure, I haven't seen anyone try yet), but I really don't think it's overpowered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
It's more of a "fun" card - and I doubt anyone serious would ever use up precious spots in their deck for it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Scheidler
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Gigamic
mbmbmbmbmb
isthar wrote:
It's more of a "fun" card - and I doubt anyone serious would ever use up precious spots in their deck for it...

Its not a fun card... being able to directly attack a player's morale bypasses all their defenses.

Is it OP? Not really... but the only counter to it is killing the pieces capable of using it, or grabbing larger amounts of treasure to offset.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it's even good, much less OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It can be a little OP. Especially when the other player is hanging on to 3-4 morale towards the end of the game, there's no counter. However, I think it is balanced because the Dracolich is the undead's worst unit in the game so it needs to have that card to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a fun card and doesn't have to be the Dracolich using it.

I lost when my bro's Vampire Stalker and Hypnotic Spirit rushed towards each other from opposite ends of the battlefield and united in unholy matrimony.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.