Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, then. Tomorrow, Lincoln’s War will begin its final three days of its Kickstarter Campaign. In the last 30 days 483 supporters have promised the purchase of well over 500 games to the tune of $38,888. THAT is a lucky number (Would rather it be $88,888. But beggars can’t be choosers. For far too long I have indeed been a beggar. However, now that we are so near our goal, I no longer feel the need to beg. I believe in Lincoln’s War. I believe in MMP the company that will produce it. I believe in the incredible artists who are producing Lincoln’s War’s amazing artwork. I believe in my dedicated developer and I believe in the swarm of loyal play-testers that continue to make Lincoln’s War fresh with each new after-action-report.

Most of all, I have faith in my broad fan base. Gathered from 15 countries across the world: from Jersey to Germany, from Portland to Poland from to Tennessee to Turkey, from New Zealand to Singapore to Indonesia to Japan. You guys AND girls are making this happen. From all the enthusiasm I have seen and read, I know you will not allow LW to wither on the vine. We need only 16 more games to be spoken for to make the dream come true.

So if you don’t know what else to do with yourself this weekend, e-mail your friends and family about this interesting new Civil War game you just heard about. Blog about it. Talk up its unique approach to history. Bring it up in your gaming groups. Discuss its educational value among your teacher friends. Tell them this is their very last chance to hop on board the success train. Get the word out, work up the buzz and come Tuesday you will be surprised, not that we crossed our goal but how far we surpassed it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1573479789/lincolns-war-...

Thank you all for your continuing support for Lincoln’s War. See you on the other side of the finish line.

PS: I’m pretty sure Brian will be posting some new Designer insight soon and may well post some new artwork so stay tuned!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Shields
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John, your passion for this project, I can tell, will permeate the design when we unbox it & play it.

Anyone subscribed to me who trips into this thread, look hard at the vision beneath the mechanics. There's a fire burning there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Tom. I've been urged on by a lot of fine people along the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had a lot of fun playing this game; I will have even more fun once this hits my table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wells
United States
Centralia
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:
I have had a lot of fun playing this game; I will have even more fun once this hits my table.

Ditto!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Good luck I hope you make your goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck John, not far to go now.

I'm now on volume 3 of Shelby Foote's civil war trilogy. If there are two things he brings out for me they're the significance of leadership quality in the field (in this war a bold general could often overcome against significant odds, while timid or incompetent generals often turned good positions into draws or defeats) and the political struggles faced by both Lincoln and Davis against opponents at home and politically-appointed generals.

I like that your design focuses on these factors of politics and leadership and am really looking forward to playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I look forward to someday playing it with you, Jim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larz Welo
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
No more stones. No more spears. No more slings. No more swords. No more weapons! NO MORE SYSTEMS!
badge
You can fire your arrows from the Tower of Babel, but you can never strike God!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, you mentioned me! I'm the Indonesia! Woot!

Seriously though, it really looks like it'll make it. $39,652. I've posted about it to the other Indonesian wargamers (there are only 8 of us, but we stay connected), and hopefully one or two of them will jump in. Sadly, ACW isn't very popular here...yet! Hopefully my shiny new copy of Lincoln's War will change that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lincoln is universal. I like to think of you guys playing this halfway round the world!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Paweł
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tjshields wrote:
John, your passion for this project, I can tell, will permeate the design when we unbox it & play it.

I agree with you 100%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.