5 Posts

Star Wars: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: My hoth deck (from current force packs and core) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Star ace Pilot

Florida
msg tools
So with the light side gaining a lot of hoth objectives in the search and desolation I decided to construct a hoth deck.

2x hoth operations

2x the sensors are placed

2x renegade squadron mobilization

2x preporation for battle

1x echo base defense

1x hit and run

Feel free to comment

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Snowden
msg tools
This is the same build I have currently but I haven't had an opportunity to play it yet.

The only issue that I'm worried about is the balance of affiliation resources. I did a test run with the deck solo just to see what I could potentially get out of it. I liked the options I drew into but it will not compare to a legit game. Started with an objective each of Rebel and Smugglers with the third being a neutral. Later during testing I discarded the rebel pod from play to represent it being destroyed and to see what the deck could do when it happened. Another neutral filled its place.

2 rebel cards (Rogue 3 and Echo defenders) were in my hand and I had no way to deploy them. This concerned me a bit and I can see it being frustrating during an actual game.

Like I said, this was just from testing solo and I will hold all reservations on this deck til I have played against several opponents with it many times.

How has your experience with this build worked for you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Star ace Pilot

Florida
msg tools
HIGHSnowman wrote:
This is the same build I have currently but I haven't had an opportunity to play it yet.

The only issue that I'm worried about is the balance of affiliation resources. I did a test run with the deck solo just to see what I could potentially get out of it. I liked the options I drew into but it will not compare to a legit game. Started with an objective each of Rebel and Smugglers with the third being a neutral. Later during testing I discarded the rebel pod from play to represent it being destroyed and to see what the deck could do when it happened. Another neutral filled its place.

2 rebel cards (Rogue 3 and Echo defenders) were in my hand and I had no way to deploy them. This concerned me a bit and I can see it being frustrating during an actual game.

Like I said, this was just from testing solo and I will hold all reservations on this deck til I have played against several opponents with it many times.

How has your experience with this build worked for you?

It was all right I played smugglers affiliation but a problem was I didn't have enough resources to play renegade. Also not enough for rogue 3 with wedge. (Those two I like to play on the same turn). In the end it was all right. Probably change some thing with future force packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm thinking of running this deck with Rumors at the Cantina instead of Hit and Run, so as not to worry about failing to draw Rebel objectives. Granted it'll be an odd match thematically with all the Hoth stuff, but oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher James
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I play this but change out echo base/ hit and run for 2 home one pods..

Home one is such a strong pod, it wins games. I wouldn't play rebels without it.

Also you only have to match 1 resource.

Just run smuglers affiliation and you won't have a problem.

you literally CAN'T not draw a rebel affiliation this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.