Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mts azza
Greece
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Hello.

We have played at least 10 games and US won in all of them.
We play the deluxe version and we use the optional cards, but without the China war variant.

What can we do to balance it ? I have also noticed that US Mid war cards are by far better than USSR.

thnx.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
Your experience is different from others. It is commonly established that the USSR player needs a handicap to balance it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to wargameroom.com and play a few games. Either you will teach everyone a lesson or you will learn how the USSR can win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Μάνος Ατζιάρας
Greece
Θέρμη
Κεντρική Μακεδονία-Θεσσαλονίκη
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, 10 out of 10 is an impressive quote even if you were playing as Soviet. Playing more games (and, maybe, with harder opponents) you will realise that, U.S.A. is slightly dissadvantaged concerning U.S.S.R., especially in the Early War.

But, from the other hand, you may are a genious, and I would be veryintressted to play one game or two with you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ove Ahlman
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the others. USSR is really the favoured side, if just by a hair. If you do not even get USSR 'In the lead' in your games even in the early war, you should really check your rules interpretations and see if you got everything correct. Because 10 games of total domination of USA is not really possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Facello
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you are not playing aggressive enough in the early game. The USSR has to press their early advantage before the USA good cards come in later in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peterakos wrote:
Hello.

We have played at least 10 games and US won in all of them.
We play the deluxe version and we use the optional cards, but without the China war variant.

What can we do to balance it ? I have also noticed that US Mid war cards are by far better than USSR.

thnx.

There is always the possibility that you're getting a critical rule wrong. Like others, I would suggest playing online. It is often the case that I'll play an unfamiliar game with someone else and have an "a-ha!" moment when a rule is clarified for me (I played Sekigahara wrong for a year before someone clarified a really important point for me).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Spain
Coruña
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey! I played against you a few days ago in Wargameroom. Too bad I can't remember who won and which side we got.

That said, somebody already pointed this out: USSR has to push his advantage for autowin. In my short experience most games that made it to turn 10 final score sway towards the US. However, it's not strange for USSR to score -20 from rounds 3 to 8.

In the late war, my USSR victories had mostly been due to either European control with lucky events or -more frequently than expected- Aldrich Ames plays.

DEF CON suicides are a very strong chance too. Once I lost with US in Turn 10 AR7 because I forgot completely about Noriega text and didn't realize I had Cuban influence (my other card was lone gunman and I was too ahead in space race). So you should never throw the towel until the last minute. If USSR is doing really bad on the board they really have to consider DEF CON headline moves chances. It's a valid strategy and one reason why everyone shouldn't try to coup and gain initiative on a carefree way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Vazquez
Brazil
Curitiba
PR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the optional cards make things easier for the USA - maybe you can remove them. goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Garner
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
also Game Developer
badge
Personal LnLT Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It does sound as if you are suffering from 'group think'. Playing other opponents should help you out quite a bit. It is very easy to get locked into a particular way of playing and thinking about a game when you always play the same opponent(s).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.