Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And the session reports just keep coming. This and Shadows over Camelot keep getting requested every week. Since Al hasn’t been able to stick around long enough, and he owns Shadows, we haven’t played it. So it’s been no contest to keep playing RRT. This week saw Me, Beckwith, Pez, and Steven.

Pez had the Western Link baron, I had Pullman, Steven had most links, and Beckwith had fewest shares. I decided on trying the NE unless 2 others already picked it. Pez started with a NY link north. Steven started in the SE, so I took the NY link south. Beckwith started with his favorite, a Chicago link.

I decided I was going to work on longer deliveries, and started burying myself in shares to upgrade my train to level 3, and linking the NE. Pez worked on some of the NE, and started asking questions about the Western Link. The 20pt KC to NY card came up, and off Pez went to fight with Beckwith in the Mid-west.

I worked the NE starting into the SE, as Steven started to work into the NE, but stopped once he got to around Raleigh. Pez was making some small deliveries, and building links. Beckwith was attempting to get a lock on Chicago and running 1 and 2 link deliveries. Steven was also making small deliveries, but picking up route bonuses.

I upgraded to a level 6 before anyone had a level 4, and had accrued 10 shares by this point. Both Beckwith and Pez were closing in on a Western link, which would really start racking up the points for Beckwith (he had the Chi-town hotel too). This was when everyone realized I was running away with the game, as my deliveries were 3-6 links each. I started emptying cities, but they didn’t realize I was doing that, so no one tried to fill and cities to give them time.

Pez finished the NY-KC link, and shot into 2nd and was actually threatening to catch me. I cleared the last city as the last action of the last round, catching everyone off guard, thinking they had more time. With a few deliveries by everyone and some final link building, the game ended with me in 1st, Pez 2nd, Steven 3rd, and Beckwitih 4th.

I would like to note that there were 16 undelivered cubes on Chicago from both western links. Had the game continued, Beckwith would have locked in the win easily. He failed to anticipate when the game would end. Had I been him, I would have went into more debt (he was already at 5 shares, and Steven was flush with cash with only 2 shares), to get the western link earlier and started delivering cubes. Because he was watching his shares to try and get his bonus, he held off buying the link until he only needed to take one share to buy it.

As usual with this game, everyone had a good time, and I’m sure we’ll see it again soon at game night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.