David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The phrase:

Quote:
You have fallen into an enemy trap! You must spend next turn escaping and therefore cannot choose an Action next turn. However, you must roll on the Encounter matrix for both this turn and next.

Does that just mean that miss the next ACTION on the following turn or are you require to attempt to escape?

I can seen no rule mechanism for the second option of escaping a trap so I think it is just a plain 'miss a turn' forfeit.

The only escape I can see is 'escape from combat' which this is clearly not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mackenzie
Denmark
Billund
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wrrlykam wrote:
The phrase:

Quote:
You have fallen into an enemy trap! You must spend next turn escaping and therefore cannot choose an Action next turn. However, you must roll on the Encounter matrix for both this turn and next.

Does that just mean that miss the next ACTION on the following turn or are you require to attempt to escape?

I can seen no rule mechanism for the second option of escaping a trap so I think it is just a plain 'miss a turn' forfeit.

The only escape I can see is 'escape from combat' which this is clearly not.

You are quite right, there is no mechanism for escaping a trap - it is a plain 'miss a turn' forfeit. The problem I saw was having to attempt to escape and failing over several turns, leaving you with almost no chance of completing the case.

However, a simple Escape table with bonuses for Aware/Disguise/Running(?) might spice the game up a little. What do you think? Escape as a necessary Action next turn or just miss a turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see a real need to change the 'miss a turn' nature unless there are some benefits to attempting escape. Perhaps if the escape gives you some advantage over the villain but at a cost if you fail. Even so there seem little incentive not to just wait it out.

Bouncing a few brainballs off the wall.

Failure
Reset the miss a turn.
Some form of injury to self or allies.
Loss of SM or LP.

Success
Gain a small advantage CLUE or +SM; you over hear some henchmen talking or find something as you quit the area.
Modifier to the Encounter Matrix Roll; if you have no allies then roll on character only if you make an EM Roll; else roll on the location line as you break out of the trap in to the locale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.